- MCPS wants your input on the 2024-2025 School Calendar
- Callout from Ms. Thomas - Sent 9/23/23
- Monday, 9/25 - No School for Students and Staff
- Tuesday, 9/26 & Wednesday, 9/27 - MAP-R Testing for all 9th grade students in English and ELD classes.
- Wednesday, 9/27 - First Booster Club Meeting at 7pm
- Thursday, 9/28 - QOHS Hora de Cafecito @ 9:30am and 6:30pm - register online here.
- Friday, 9/29 - La Feria @ lunch in the courtyard
- Monday, 10/2 - Wednesday, 10/4 - Senior Portrait Make-Ups will be happening in the Auditorium, but you MUST book in advance - details below.
- Friday, 10/13 - Hispanic College Fair @ the Activity Center at Bohrer Park - details in the flyer, students need to reach out to their counselor to attend the event from 9:30-12:30.
- CollegeTracks and the College and Career Center are great resources for students and caregivers.
As a student or parent of a student in the current Class of 2024 please respond to this survey related to the commencement venue selection for the 2024 Quince Orchard HS Graduation ceremony.
Como estudiante o padre de un estudiante en la Clase actual de 2024, responda esta encuesta relacionada con la selección del lugar de inicio para la ceremonia de graduación de Quince Orchard HS de 2024.
Hora de Cafecito
Schedule your portrait today by going to https://seniors.legacystudios.com/quince-orchard-hs-gaithersburg-md/. Need to contact someone directly, visit customer care by calling 716-512-6336, emailing email@example.com, or going online to chat with a representative at https://seniors.legacystudios.com.
Pathway to College, Career & Community Readiness
Check out these amazing resources MCPS has provided regarding students being College, Career and Community ready upon graduation. These items were also shared at Back to School Night. Parent/Caregiver videos in English and Spanish. Pathway Parent/Caregiver Resources for Elementary School, Middle School,and High School.
Learn more about the Montgomery County Career Advising Program (MoCoCAP) through their website. The vision for MoCoCAP is to provide career advising services that will enable students to vividly describe their own strengths, interests, and workplace values; identify how they are expanding their skills and knowledge; describe the various opportunities ahead of them; and describe their goals for their future as they develop life long career management skills. During the 2023-2024 school year MoCoCAP will support Grade 6 and Grade 9 students, and expand the roll out of MoCoCAP to all secondary students by the 2025-2026 school year. We are waiting for more information from MCPS about when we will be able to start the advising process in our building.
Specific Class Info - 9th - 12th grade
- Freshman Welcome Letter
- SENIORS - Class of 2024 Information and Updates
Athletic Event Info
Fall Sport Contests are starting, please read through all the information below about policies and procedures for our events. And remember that ALL season tickets and single game tickets MUST be puchased online via GoFan. There are no cash purchases at the gate for events.
Please be advised that there are new protocols and procedures in place at ALL Athletic events. Please read through the MCPS Athletics Safety Plan, read the highlighted specific protocols below and watch this important video from the Student-Athlete Leadership Council.
- Season Tickets can still be purchased, all online through GoFan.
- All tickets must be purchased online through GoFan, tickets must be on your digital device and redeemed by Athletic Department Staff at the entrance gate.
- No screenshots, images or already redeemed tickets will be accepted.
- Everyone age 11+ must purchase a ticket to attend and event.
- High School students must show Student ID along with their ticket to enter ALL events.
- All Elementary and Middle School students MUST be accompanied and supervised by an Adult Chaperone during the entire event.
- NO Re-Entry into the game and NO Entry after Halftime
- NO Outside Food or Drink
- NO Backpacks allowed into the stadium for Football Events.
- For Football Games:
- Only students from home and visiting teams will be allowed to enter with only a ticket and their valid student ID.
- Students from non-home and non-visiting teams MUST be accompanied and chaperoned by an adult throughout the entire event.
Buy your 2024 yearbook now to take advantage of the lowest prices of the year! Save $10 when you purchase your yearbook now at www.jostens.com
PSAT - Test Date is 10/11/23
PSAT Day is right around the corner on October 11, 2023. All 10th-grade students are automatically registered free of charge. Any 9th and 11th-grade students wanting to take the PSAT need to register and pay for the test. All students and caregivers, please review this informational sheet regarding PSAT testing: :
10th-grade caregivers, please review this PSAT Parent/Caregiver Letter in English and Spanish
9th and 11th-grade students and caregivers must complete the Google Form to Register in English and Spanish (10th-grade students are automatically registered and do not have to complete this form).
All caregivers of students testing have the option to allow their student(s) to participate in a Student Data Questionnaire. Please review the consent form below:
Gaithersburg Student Union
Gaithersburg Student Union (GSU) will be back at QOHS on select days at lunch! Join the GSU Staff for more information on Tuesday & Friday in the Small Gym and Wednesday in Room 102 for information and snacks. The Student Union is a club for high school students that provides enrichment programs for students in grades 9 - 12. Activities include fitness and sports programs, arts and music, field trips, and volunteer opportunities. Follow them on Instagram @COGStudentUnion. Ask Ms. Ashman for the registration information or email Mr. Vera at StudentUnion@gaithersburgmd.gov.
Back to School Night Information
- The schedule and more information about the breakout sessions can be found on the 2023 QO Back to School Night website.
- PTSA, NAACP, and Booster Club Information
- Boosters President Letter
- NAACP Parent Council Welcome Letter
- Why Join the PTSA?
- Volunteer Opportunites with the PTSA
- Booster/PTSA Membership - 20% discount if you sign up for both
- Lunch Policy and Meals (Breakfast and Lunch) Information
2023-24 ONLINE FARMS (Free and Reduced Meals) APPS ARE AVAILABLE NOW! Apply online at MySchoolApps.com (translations available) TODAY! Families are required to submit this form each year. You can click here for an English video tutorial. Vea aquí un vídeo paso a paso en español sobre cómo completar la solicitud de FARMS.
We would love your feedback regarding the event: please complete the following evaluation/feedback form in English or Spanish. You can also email Kirsten_N_Jackson@mcpsmd.org if you want a direct response.
All MCPS students must earn 75 SSL hours to graduate from high school. Summer break is a great time for middle and high school students to earn SSL hours! To learn more about upcoming in-person and virtual/remote SSL opportunities and the required SSL documentation, please click here, visit the MCPS SSL webpage, the Montgomery County Volunteer Center webpage, or the QO Counseling SSL webpage or contact the new SSL Coordinator, Ms. Miller - Kelly_P_Miller@mcpsmd.org.
Health Education Requirement Change
The Maryland State Board of Education recently changed its graduation requirement for health education. Students in the Class of 2025 and beyond must now earn one full credit for graduation; previously, they earned one half-credit. Again, this requirement begins with the Class of 2025. The change does not impact students in the Class of 2023 or 2024. Details can be found on the QO Health Education page.
FREE English Language Learner Classes for MCPS Parents
In collaboration with MCPS, the Literacy Council of Montgomery County (LCMC) is offering free English language learner classes for MCPS parents. The classes will be held virtually and in person, and there will be options for all levels of English speakers. They are available to any MCPS parent for whom English is not their first language. Parents can complete this interest form to receive a placement test: https://mcpsweb.wufoo.com/forms/english-classes-for-mcps-parents/ This form is available in multiple languages. Parents with questions regarding the availability of classes and sign up process should contact Kevin Ralph from LCMC at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 240-665-0471.
FARMS - It's More than Just Free Meals
- Provide discounts on college applications, SAT, ACT & AP testing fees
- Help increase school funding
- Provide possible discounts on internet access
- Give discounts on ECA fees like athletics & band.
Meal benefit eligibility from last school year will remain current only through the first 30 scheduled school days OR until a 2022-2023 application is processed. If you have any questions, please call 240-740-7400 or reach out to your school counselor.
QO Theatre Information & Updates
Follow this link for more information on all the exciting things QO Theatre has coming up and be sure to follow them on Twitter and Instagram @qohstheatre. Feel free to email Ms. Vogel with any questions email@example.com.
You may have heard the term “Restorative Justice” or RJ. RJ is about managing relationships, communication, collaboration, conflict resolution, and community building. At Quince Orchard, we will be engaging students, staff, and parents in our efforts to build a stronger community to support our students in achieving excellence. Please use this QOHS Restorative Justice Video and Survey link to access a video detailing QOHS Restorative Justice and complete the survey with your feedback. Thanks for your participation!
Antiracist System Audit
We know that messages from MCPS often get lost and sometimes misconstrued. The website for the Antiracist Audit has been updated and below are some materials that can help provide some more insight and support for our community members about the audit and during the audit.