Quince Orchard Theatre includes 4 levels of classes as well as an after-school Theatre Production program. Although it may be beneficial, you are not required to take a theatre class to audition or work on crew for a production. Work usually begins on the fall production the second week of school, and on the spring production right before winter break.
Theatre is an organization of those interested in the theatrical arts. It functions as the producing body for at least 2 productions a year, with members not only performing in cast or pit orchestra, but also involved in such aspects as constructing and painting sets, making costumes, collecting and organizing props, hanging and running lights and sound, applying stage makeup and serving as the front house crew during performances, as well as many other areas of production. All student members involved in the productions are eligible for becoming members of the International Thespian Society, the Educational Theatre Association's student honorary organization.
Actors must audition; workshops are held to show you audition techniques. Sometimes, Pit Orchestra members are asked to audition as well.
Stage/Technical/Backstage Crew members do not audition but there is a level of expectation of commitment. All members of the productions generally meet every school day from about 2:45-5:30pm while preparing for shows and can run later the week the show opens (Tech Week). Certain areas of crew also work some weekends. The program also participates in other activities, which may include the Homecoming parade, going to festivals and participating in fundraising activities. Occasional Theatre meetings generally occur at lunch. The call board next to the elevator on the first floor and the website carries Theatre notices. Please help support the performing arts at QOHS by becoming a patron of QO Theatre. The program welcomes all new members to come and share their talents and knowledge. Our patron form can be found at https://tinyurl.com/y3h2ljde
Fall Production, "The Plot, Like Gravy, Thickens"
- Interest Meeting: Thursday, September 1st during lunch and after school in the QO Auditorium
- Auditions: Tuesday, September 6th & Wednesday, September 7th, 2:45-6:30 in the QO Auditorium. Sign up to audition with this link: https://forms.gle/
- Callbacks: Thursday, September 8th, 2:45-7:30 pm (by invitation only) in the QO Auditorium
- Fall Play Production Days: November 5th at 2 PM and 7 PM, November 12th at 2 PM and 7 PM
Spring Show, "Anastasia"
- Interest Meeting: Friday, November 18th during lunch and after school in the QO Auditorium
- Auditions: Acting and Singing auditions will be on November 28th and 29th, 2:45-6:30 pm, in the QO Auditorium. Dance Auditions will be held on November 30th in the QO Auditorium, from 2:45-7:30
- Callbacks: December 2nd, 2:45-8:30 pm (by invitation only), in the QO Auditorium
- Spring Musical Production Days: March 24th at 7 PM, March 25th at 2 PM and 7 PM, March 31st at 7 PM, April 1st at 2 PM and 7 PM
Director: Jessica Vogel
Producer: Logan Land
Technical Director: Alexander Henry
Musical Director: Marci Shegogue
Orchestral Conductor: Robyn Kleiner-Vilgos
Choreographer: Melanie Barber
Costume Designer: TBA
2022-2023 Student Officers
President: Hayden Polsky
VP of Activities: Fiona Bradford
VP Publicity: Hayley Asai
VP Technology: Patrick Barret
Secretary: Catherine Brady
Treasurer: Laurel Snow
Historian: Jordan Richard