2022 Senior Class and Graduation Information
2022 Graduation Links and Information
Date: Thursday, June 2nd 2022
We are just a few months away from Graduation on June 2nd at 2:30pm at the UMBC! There was a Graduation Information Meeting on Thursday, April 7th, if you missed the meeting you can get all of the information right here. If you have questions that are not answered by the slides, please contact Ms. Haase, Ms. Jacobs, or Dr. Brown.
- Slides from the Meeting and Video Recording of the Meeting on Thursday, April 7th
- Google Form for Extra Ticket Requests (each graduate receives 7 tickets before requests)
- Google Form for Handicapped/Disabled Seating and Hearing Impaired Seating Voucher Requests
Reminders from UMBC:
- The doors to the main arena will be closed during the processional and will remain closed until the end of the National Anthem, they are not locked, but guests will not be allowed to enter during that time period to allow the graduates to enter. Please plan to be inside the hall and in your seat by 2:15 pm so that you can enjoy the entire ceremony.
- UMBC Policy includes metal detectors are used for all guests entering the arena, please be prepared.
- Parking is FREE - there are multiple locations on campus that are near the arena for graduates, familes, and friends to park.
Informational Letters and Flyers
- Graduation Bus Information - Transportation is NOT provided to UMBC for students or families the day of Graduation. Students are expected to be at the hall by 1:45 pm and guests need to be inside before 2:15 pm. The PTSA is offering travel from QO to UMBC, details are still being finalized, information will be posted when ready.
Senior Survey - Coming in April/Early May
Each senior will complete a paper and pencil survey required by the Maryland State Dept of Education.
In addition, an electronic online survey is required. Ms. Jones will post more information when the survey becomes available.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I order Graduation Announcements? Check out www.jostens.com for order announcements and other senior items.
- Can a senior ride the PTSA bus without another family member? No, because of regulations and issues with the bus company, all students must be accompanied on the PTSA buses by an adult family member.
- When and where do I get my cap and gown? Caps and Gowns will be available for pick-up in May, only to students who have cleared all obligations, completed their SSL hour requirements, and completed the senior surveys.
- When and where do I get my Graduation Announcements that I ordered? Announcements will be made once these have come in.
- Does my college/university need anything else from me or QOHS? Schools will need you to send them your final transcript, to do this you will need to complete the final transcript request form and return it to the registrar’s office by May 22nd with $1 and an addressed stamped envelope. Final transcript forms are available in the registrar’s office starting May 1st. When the final transcript is available, it will be mailed to your school. If you have any questions, please contact the registrar’s office.
Event or Item and Description
|2/10/2022||Student Speaker Meeting - All seniors interested in speaking at Graduation must attend this meeting at lunch in room 128. See Mrs. Adams with questions.|
|2/25/2022||Student Speaker Applications Due- All students applying to speak at graduation must complete and submit their application to Mrs. Adams|
|January/February||Josten's will be available to take orders for graduation announcements, class rings, and other Class of 2022 merchandise. You can also order these items by mail or online at www.jostens.com.|
|3/10/2022||Student Speaker Speeches Due - All students applying to speak at graduation must complete and submit their speech to Mrs. Adams.|
|4/7/2022||Senior Parent Meeting - students are welcome to attend, but are not required to attend. This will be about all things graduation. The meeting info will be posted after the meeting.|
|4/1/2022||SSL Meritorius Service - The deadline for the Certificate of Meritorius Service is April 1st - 240 SSL hours are required for this award. Please direct any questions about SSL hours to Ms. Shelhorse, SSL coordinator.|
|4/28/2022||Deadline for Extra Ticket requests for Graduation. To request extra tickets please complete the online form requesting extra tickets (made available on 4/8). Seniors will each receive a set number of tickets at the mandatory graduation rehearsal on June 1st, and we will distribute any remaining tickets equitably among those who request them by the deadline. We cannot guarantee that you will receive the full number of extra tickets you request, but we hope we can give one or two extra tickets to those who request them, you will be notified by Dr. Lynn Brown in early May in response to your request.|
|4/28/2022||Deadline for Handicapped, Disabled, and Deaf/Hard of Hearing Seating Vouchers - If you have a guest in need of handicap accessible seating or deaf/hard of hearing special seating, the request must be made through the online form (made available on 4/8). Vouchers are NOT tickets, each person who needs a voucher will ALSO need a ticket. Vouchers will be included with tickets when they are distributed, the voucher will allow those guests entrance into the handicapped seating or deaf/hard of hearing seating with ONE person accompanying them, not the entire group. Voucher requests will be verified via email from Dr. Lynn Brown by early May.|
|4/29/2022||Last day checks will be accepted from seniors and their families. ONLY cash will be accepted after this date.|
|4/29/2022||Senior Fees are due by 4/29/2022. This one-time fee covers everything related to graduation day (including cap & gown, programs, the ceremony, etc). The fee is now $85 through April 29th, checks must be made out to QOHS, and the student's name and ID number must be on check. Turn in the money to Deborah Haase or pay online through the school store. Do not leave money in the school mailbox. Students who have not submitted a senior fee by April 30th, will receive an obligation notice. Obligation notices must be cleared with Ms. Ayers in the financial office. ALL obligations must be cleared before graduation rehearsal. No checks from seniors or their families will be accepted after 4/30/22. After that date, only cash will be accepted or online orders.|
|Late April||Deadline to sign up for Graduation Bus sign up. Buses will be provided by the PTSA. Buses loading and departure info along with cost is coming soon. The form is available online, please return the form and payment (made out to Quince Orchard High School PTSA) by April 30th to:
Graduation Day Bus Tickets
c/o QO PTSA 15800 Quince Orchard Rd.
Gaithersburg, MD 20878 Details about this are still being finalized, please check back for more information.
|4/29/2022||SSL Hours - SSL paperwork due to Ms. Shelhorse. Please direct any questions about SSL hours to Mrs. Shelhorse, SSL coordinator.|
|5/6/2022||Extra Tickets/Voucher Fulfillment - By this date Dr. Lynn Brown informs parents that they will receive extra tickets and seating vouchers.|
|4/30/22||Prom - UMD from 7PM - 12AM|
|End of May||Seniors will be able to pick up their caps and gowns at the end of May, place and time TBA. Seniors must have all obligations cleared, SSL Hours completed, and the senior survey completed in order to receive their cap & gown.|
|Week of May 23rd||Seniors will complete and submit Culminating Activities in ALL Class Periods|
|Awards Ceremony – Honoree’s families will be invited by mail, but all families and students are welcome to attend and congratulate all our fine seniors!|
|5/26/2022 7pm||Sports Awards Night – All athletes and those Seniors receiving Awards are invited, Senior honorees and their families will be notified to attend. All families and students are welcome to attend and congratulate our fine athletes!|
|5/27/2022||Last Day for Seniors!!!|
|5/20/2022||Senior End of Year Reports Forms Due back to the Registrar. These forms must be completed and turned in by 5/20/22 for the report to be sent to your college or university. Forms are available before school, at lunch, and after school at the Registrar's Office. Forms are available for pick-up mid-April.|
|6/1/2022||Graduation Rehearsal – ALL GRADUATES MUST ATTEND REHEARSAL IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE IN THE GRADUATION CEREMONY. This rehearsal begins with a senior breakfast in the front of school at 7:00 am, and will last all morning. Do not plan for any other event for this important morning. Dismissal from rehearsal usually occurs at approximately 11:30 am or noon. It is at this event that seniors will learn the procedures for the ceremony and other important information about the ceremony, receive their tickets for guests to attend graduation, and any final important business. Tickets will NOT be distributed before rehearsal, nor will they be distributed to students who do not attend rehearsal.|
|6/2/2022||Graduation at UMBC at 2:30 pm – Seniors must be at UMBC to line up no later than 1:45 pm|