Mailings and Letters Home 2019-2020 School Year
This page contains all the mailings and letters home from the current school year. These are items that have been placed on our main page or were sent home at various times.
Folder of Sunday Night Weekly Callouts from Mrs. Thomas
Posted Daily Announcements
If you are looking for more information from one of the weekly QO Callouts, you can find it in the online folder. The Google Folder is searchable and sorted by date. Additional Callouts about specific incidents, important information that is sent home and some items posted on our website are also posted online in the "QO Public Web Folder".
Summer "Mailing" and Important Info - July/August 2019
The traditional summer mailing can now be found online, check out the documents below for important information about the start of the school year and school year opportunities.
- Letter to the Freshmen (English and Spanish) from Mrs. Thomas, Principal
- Letter to ALL Students and Families (English and Spanish) from Mrs. Thomas, Principal
- Administrator and Counselor Assignments
- Athletics Information - Online Registration - Fall Tryout Details
- Athletic Season Pass Order Form or order online
- PTSA Welcome Letter, Membership Form, Volunteer Form, College Fair Flyer, Greg's Driving School Info and Schedule
- Booster Club Membership Form (English and Spanish), and website where you can find more information or join online! You can also support the Booster Club and school by becoming a Sponsor and by signing-up to work at concessions during an event.
- Student Parking Permit Information for First Semester
- QO Theatre Fall Play Information, Business Ad Form, and Patron Form
- Cafeteria News & Secondary School Meals Information - FARMS Application Information
- Bus Schedule Information - in English - en Español - Arrival Routes - Departure Routes
- Student Drop-Off Procedures
- Youth Cruiser SmarTrip Card Information
- Student Emergency Card Information should be updated via the myMCPS Parent Portal (before October 5th) or via the MCPS Form (available in 7 languages).
- MCPS Back to School Flyer
- Integrated Pest Management Notice for 2019-20 and Availability of Asbestos Management Plan (English and Spanish)
- Annual Notice for Directory Information and Student Privacy (available in 7 languages)
- Parent/Child Reunification (PCR) Authorization for Release of Student Form (available in 7 languages)
Attendance and E3 Policy
You can find detailed information about QO’s implementation of the County mandated E3 policy which we will begin to implement with fidelity the second semester online - Letter in English and en Espanol. On Tuesday, January 29, 2019 we began implementing E3 procedures as written in Regulation JEA-RA, Student Attendance and we reviewed it with students. Parents and Guardians will receive a MCPS 3-day warning letter of possible failure due to attendance and a MCPS 5-day letter notifying of failure due to attendance. Please read the letter and discuss the implications of unlawful absences. The QO Policy for 2019-2020 is available online for student and parent reference.
Parent Permission for GSuite Services
Permission forms were distributed during 1st period on Monday, 10/8 to all students. MCPS is required to have parents complete these forms in order to allow their students to have access to G Suite for Education Additional Services such as Blogger, Chrome Web Store, Google Earth, Google Takeout, and YouTube (only for MCPS Approved videos). These forms need to be completed for all students indicating either allowing or not allowing your students to have access to these services. Please complete the form and have students return it to their 1st period teacher by Friday, 10/12. Students who do not have forms on file will not be able to access certain content starting November 1st. Form in English, Spanish, Korean, Vietnamese, French, and Chinese.
MSDE Report Card and Info for the Community
The Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) has released a new accountability report card for every school in the state of Maryland. Informational letters with links to our report card and an explanation of what is being reported in the new system available in both English and Spanish.