Announcements, Newsletters , and Letters
This page contains links to weekly newsletters, the folder of daily announcements, and other important letters or communications that have come out during the school year.
Weekly Newletters from Ms. Thomas
2023 Summer Mailing Information
We are excited to be preparing for the 2023-2024 school year! This year's summer mailing can be found online here. Some highlights include:
- Freshman Welcome Letter
- Updated QO Vision, Expectations, and Personnel
- Athletics Information - also available on QOCougars.com - Fall Sport sign-up is going on now, 1st day of tryouts is Wed., 8/9
- Attendance Policy and Tardy Expectations *Updated for 2023-24
- Back to School Night - 8/31 - new format and opportunities!
- Bell Schedules & First Week of School Schedule
- Bus Routes - Letter to Parents in English and Spanish
- Theatre Department Information
- Cell Phone Policy
- Chromebook Information
- Class of 2024 Information and Updates
- Class of 2026 Updates on the PSAT - 10/11
- Counseling Assignments and Information - Counseling Website
- Digital Student Handbook
- Dress Code, Good Habits for Success, Harassment, Hazing, & Bullying
- Health Room Information
- Home / School Communication
- Student Parking Information, Contract, and Application
- PTSA, NAACP, and Booster Club Information
- Boosters President Letter
- NAACP Parent Council Welcome Letter
- Why Join the PTSA?
- Volunteer Opportunites with the PTSA
- Booster/PTSA Membership - 20% discount if you sign up for both
- School Hours and Schedules
- School Drop-Off Procedures
- Student Emergency Information - PLEASE Review and Update by 9/8
- Student Internships
- Testing Accommodations for College Board Tests
- Lunch Policy and Meals (Breakfast and Lunch) Information
2023-24 ONLINE FARMS (Free and Reduced Meals) APPS ARE AVAILABLE NOW! Apply online at MySchoolApps.com (translations available) TODAY! Families are required to submit this form each year. You can click here for an English video tutorial. Vea aquí un vídeo paso a paso en español sobre cómo completar la solicitud de FARMS.
Parent Permission for GSuite Services
Permission forms were distributed during 1st period on Monday, 10/8 to all students. MCPS is required to have parents complete these forms in order to allow their students to have access to G Suite for Education Additional Services such as Blogger, Chrome Web Store, Google Earth, Google Takeout, and YouTube (only for MCPS Approved videos). These forms need to be completed for all students indicating either allowing or not allowing your students to have access to these services. Please complete the form and have students return it to their 1st period teacher by Friday, 10/12. Students who do not have forms on file will not be able to access certain content starting November 1st. Form in English, Spanish, Korean, Vietnamese, French, and Chinese.
MSDE Report Card and Info for the Community
The Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) has released a new accountability report card for every school in the state of Maryland. Informational letters with links to our report card and an explanation of what is being reported in the new system available in both English and Spanish.