MCPS Schools will be open 5 Days a Week for In-person learning for the 2021-2022 School Year: Learn more
Return to School
Ask a Question
- Ask Us a Question
- Parent Technical Help Number: 240-740-7020
Mailings and Letters Home 2020-2021 School Year
This page contains all the mailings and letters home from the current school year. These are items that have been placed on our main page or were sent home at various times.
Folder of Sunday Night Weekly Callouts from Mrs. Thomas
Posted Daily Announcements
If you are looking for more information from one of the weekly QO Callouts, you can find it in the online folder. The Google Folder is searchable and sorted by date. Additional Callouts about specific incidents, important information that is sent home and some items posted on our website are also posted online in the "QO Public Web Folder".
Attendance and E3 Policy
You can find detailed information about QO’s implementation of the County mandated E3 policy which we will begin to implement with fidelity the second semester online - Letter in English and en Espanol. On Tuesday, January 29, 2019 we began implementing E3 procedures as written in Regulation JEA-RA, Student Attendance and we reviewed it with students. Parents and Guardians will receive a MCPS 3-day warning letter of possible failure due to attendance and a MCPS 5-day letter notifying of failure due to attendance. Please read the letter and discuss the implications of unlawful absences. The QO Policy for 2019-2020 is available online for student and parent reference.
Parent Permission for GSuite Services
Permission forms were distributed during 1st period on Monday, 10/8 to all students. MCPS is required to have parents complete these forms in order to allow their students to have access to G Suite for Education Additional Services such as Blogger, Chrome Web Store, Google Earth, Google Takeout, and YouTube (only for MCPS Approved videos). These forms need to be completed for all students indicating either allowing or not allowing your students to have access to these services. Please complete the form and have students return it to their 1st period teacher by Friday, 10/12. Students who do not have forms on file will not be able to access certain content starting November 1st. Form in English, Spanish, Korean, Vietnamese, French, and Chinese.
MSDE Report Card and Info for the Community
The Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) has released a new accountability report card for every school in the state of Maryland. Informational letters with links to our report card and an explanation of what is being reported in the new system available in both English and Spanish.
Class of 2021 Senior Info
- A second round of Senior Portraits will take place in the QO auditorium using safety and social distancing protocols in mid-January by appointment only. Seniors who have not yet been photographed will receive notification in the mail approximately 2 weeks prior to the next set of dates. If a senior who was photographed would like to be rephotographed, they will need to call in to Lifetouch's Customer Service team to schedule (retake appointments are unavailable through the online system). If a senior lost their appointment card or needs to contact Lifetouch, please call Customer Service at 1-800-445-1189. If you have any additional questions about senior portraits, please contact Ms. Eberhart-Bliss.
- The Class of 2021 sponsors have written a letter with all the start of year information you'll need! Check it out for details about Senior Fee (en Español don't delay in paying at the low price of $65 online! Questions should be sent to Ms. Jones or Ms. Farrow.
- SENIOR PARENTS - if you haven't already, stay informed throughout the year by joining the Parent Remind to get text message updates - https://www.remind.com/join/9a3k32 or text @9a3k32 to the number 81010
- CollegeTracks’ Google Sites - This is where students and their families will go to understand what to do and when to complete it. The site includes our online registration form, students’ to-do lists, videos and instruction sheets to clarify next steps, information on virtual college tours, family engagement recommendations, and COVID-19 resources. These websites will be updated at least once a week during the first semester of the academic year.