Return to School
Ask a Question
- Ask Us a Question
- Parent Technical Help Number: 240-740-7020
Kenneth Kramek, Resource Teacher
Graphing calculators are needed in high school math courses beginning in Algebra 1. The recommended calculators are the Texas Instruments (TI) 84 plus or (TI) 83 plus. The math department has a limited number of these calculators to loan for the school year if a student is unable to purchase a calculator.
Laura Ackerman, Teacher
Nathan Conyer, Teacher
Garrett Dobbs, Teacher
Jeffrey Flowers, Teacher
Keith Gordon, Teacher
Lindsay Junkins, Teacher
Michael Maurer, Teacher
Melody Morgan, Teacher
Justin Nowell, Teacher
Math Department Values
1) all have great value, regardless of what they know or are able to do.
2) need adequate time to learn and process.
3) deserve to be treated equitably and with respect.
4) deserve a rigorous curriculum.
5) need to be taught to self-advocate, to take responsibility for their own learning, and how to learn.
Teachers, in order to be effective:
1) deserve to be valued, respected, and treated as professionals by all stakeholders.
2) need to advocate for their needs in order to be effective.
3) need to exercise professional judgment.
4) should be sincere, optimistic, and high energy individuals.
5) should accept no limits.
6) should use teamwork, move together, and lead by participating.
Teachers need to demonstrate and work to develop the following character traits in their students:
1) a willingness to exert effective effort and accept ever-increasing degrees of challenge
Students need to consider only the packet for the class they will be taking in the fall.
Optional Review Packets
Statistics and Math Modeling
Calculus with Applications
Honors Algebra Two
Magnet Precalculus AB and Magnet Functions
Suggested Reading for Analysis One