Daniel McKenna, Resource Teacher - 240.740.2431
Melissa Adams, Teacher
Paulette Bowles, Teacher
Sean Foster, Teacher
Donna Gibson, Teacher
Stephanie Gomer, Teacher and Journalism Instructor
Katie Horan, Teacher
Jennifer Marks, Teacher
Brian McMullen, English Composition Assistant
Mitchell Ornstein, Teacher
Dryer Thackston, Teacher
Clayton Traver, Teacher
Diane Van Yuga, Teacher
Summer Assignments for All English Classes
Certificate in Advanced Arts
Take specific classes and join organizations to earn the following Advanced Arts Certificates! Click HERE for a presentation explaining this exciting new program!
Advanced Arts Pathways Requirements Form - Due March 29, 2019
As a patron, your name will be listed in every issue of the paper. As a patron subscriber, in addition to being recognized in the patron listing, you will have a copy of each issue delivered to your home address. If you are interested in becoming one of our valued patrons or patron subscribers, please click HERE for a form to complete and return by mail.
The English Department sponsors a Writing Support lab daily during lunchtime in Lab 12. Students can receive assistance on English assignments and college essays
- AP CENTRAL: AP Central™, the official online home for Advanced Placement programs
- Most Common SAT Words - 66 Most Common SAT Words
- Maryland State HSA 10th grade High School Assessment information, examples and reviews.
- Noodlebib Reference tool to assist in student writing
- GaleNet Databases on literature, literary criticism, authors and poetry.
- Literary Resources on the Net(Rutgers University): English and American Literature links
- Online Writing Lab (Purdue University) The OWL at Purdue offers online handouts covering writing, research, grammar, and MLA and APA style.
- Easybib Automatic bibliography composer
- Dictionary.com Online dictionary, thesaurus, encyclopedia and translator.
- ONLINE! Citation Styles
- Towson University Online Writing Support Site:Site includes learning modules in grammar, usage, and mechanics, as well as self-teaching units