Poolesville High School, the only whole school magnet in Montgomery County, uniting close-knit, rural community values and diverse global perspectives, challenges its students to become confident, versatile, problem-solving citizens through rigorous cross-curricular pathways and meaningful, motivating learning experiences.
- Annual Notification of Asbestos Management Plan Availability
In 1987, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) issued the final regulations for the Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA), 40 CFR Part 763. These regulations require local education agencies to prepare Asbestos Management Plans for facilities that have asbestos containing materials (ACM). You can find more information here.
From all points east:
Take Route 28 W to Whites Ferry Rd/Route 107 (Rt 107 is a left "Y" exit off of Rt 28). Continue on Route 107 for approximately 4 miles. Route 107 will become Fisher Ave, the "Main Street" of Poolesville. Continue straight at the stop sign at the intersection of Route 109, and take a left at the next intersection at West Willard Road. Poolesville High School is on your left.
- JHG-RA, Gangs, Gang Activity, or Other Similar Destructive or Illegal Group Behavior Prevention
- Gang Related Incident Reporting Form
- Integrated Pest Management Notice
Maryland Law requires that school-based staff, parents/guardians of middle or high school students, and staff at administrative centers who wish to be notified prior to pesticide applications in the building or on the grounds must request that they be placed on the school’s pesticide notification list. To do so, please fill out the enrollment form found in the linked notice and return it to the main office.
Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS) is dedicated to promoting a positive culture in our schools, on our athletic teams and in our community. The following are some resources compiled for the numerous stakeholders committed to providing our students with a safe, positive environment to learn, grow and progress in.
- Letter to MCPS Sports Community
- Identifying Hazing & Promoting a Positive Culture PowerPoint
- Tips for Parents to Help Their Children Understand Bullying and Hazing
- What Parents Need to Know
- What Students Need to Know
- High School Resource Guide: Hazing Prevention.Org
- School Safety Mapping
- Tips for Teams and Athletic Coaches to Eliminate and Prevent Hazing
- Safe Routes to School - Click HERE for more information!
The George B. Thomas, Sr. Learning Academy
(Updated Profile coming soon!)
PHS Website User's Guide
Web Team Contact: Susan Krouner