Take a minute to recognize the achievements of our students for the 2022-2023 school year!
- Congratulations to senior Luis Villafana Cueto, who was recognized at the Lincoln Theater in Washington, D.C. on January 4, as one of 13 MCPS students who received Posse Scholarships. Luis will be attending the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- 19 Students qualified and competed in Part Two of the UMD Math Competition.
- Falcon junior Sumedh Vangara finished third in the state, winning a cash prize and a full scholarship to the University of Maryland.
- Congratulations, also, to our three honorable mentions finishers: Caleb, Milo, and Andrew!
- PHS had 28 students participate in the American Math Competition 12 and 43 students participate in the American Math Competition 10.
AIME 12 Qualifiers (Scored in the top 5% of all test takers in the country) - David Ruan, Caleb Dastrup, Alex Wang, Milo Stammers, Daniel Mathew, Andrew Sha, Daniel Ling, Anderson Lu
AIME 10 Qualifier (Scored in the top 2.5% of all test takers in the country) - Eric Huang
A big congratulations to these qualifying students and all students who participated.
- National Merit® Scholarship Program - This year at PHS we have 61 Commended Students in the 2023 National Merit Scholarship Program. Congratulations to all!
- Congratulations to Ms. Michelle Hunsicker-Blair, media specialist, and Mr. Prasad Gerard, science teacher, for being named 2022 All-Met Coaches of the Year by The Washington Post. Ms. Hunsicker-Blair was the All-Met Coach of the Year for girls’ golf, and Mr. Gerard was the All-Met Coach of the Year for boys’ cross country.