Parent Technical Support Email:
PHS Magnet Program
Magnet Application Information for 2022-2023 School Year:
Class of 2026 Magnet Invited Student Meeting Recordings
Please find recordings from last weeks meetings for invited students HERE. The Global House is recorded first, followed by Humanities House at 42:00 and then SMCS House at 1:25.
Please find the slide shows from the Magnet Open House for each application program below.
- More information on the programs, eligibility and meetings can be found Here.
- Applications will be available in ParentVUE on Friday, 10/8/2021.
- Application deadline is Friday, 11/12/2021.
- Results will be mailed and released to ParentVUE in the beginning of February 2022.
- There will not be a CoGAT test for magnet applications this year. (updated 10/14/2021)
- Parents can check the FAQ page to get updated application information.
Other Information: Contact Division of Consortia Choice and Application Program Services by emailing DCCAPS@mcpsmd.org
Magnet 2021-2022 Admissions Information:
9th Grade Course Registration and House Requirement Details Below.
2021-2022 Course Listing HERE!
Virtual Magnet Invited Welcome Information
Current magnet students welcome you through the videos below!
Answers to the Invited Welcome Night questions HERE!
Use the following link to view recorded course information for each house, such as courses, college recognition and more!
Applicant Wait Pool FAQ's
Please contact the Magnet Office via email:
MCPS Special Programs website - for up-to-date information on the Application Process
Videos of Magnet Activities and Projects:
- Finalist in Source America Design Challenge 2016
- Harvard Medical School Organ Music Video Challenge
- Award Winning Peeps Show
- Theoretical Physics Club Commercial
- Ability One Competition 2013!
- Falcon Fun
- Department of Defense - World Champions 2nd Year!
- Poolesville is Home
- First Robotics - Rookie of the Year 2012!
- Artist in Residence - The Beginning
- Global Ecology House Documentary
- AbilityOne Design Challenge Champions! 2012
- Department of Defense - World Champions - Cyberforensics
Program Information from MCPS office of Special Programs
College Acceptance List for the Class of 2019
- List of Days When 8th Period is Cancelled (No 4:30 pm buses) for 2021-22 School Year can be found HERE.