PHS Magnet Program
Magnet Application Information for 2023-2024 School Year:
- More information on the programs, eligibility and meetings can be found Here or recordings for PHS Magnet Open House are below:
- Applications will be available in ParentVUE on Friday, 10/7/2022.
- Application deadline is extended to Friday, 11/11/2022
- Results will be mailed and released to ParentVUE in the beginning of February 2023.
- There will not be a CoGAT test for magnet applications this year. (updated 10/14/2021)
- Parents can check the FAQ page to get updated application information.
Other Information: Contact Division of Consortia Choice and Application Program Services by emailing DCCAPS@mcpsmd.org
Magnet Information Meeting - recordings are below
Please find the slide shows from the Magnet Open House for each application program below.
Global House Global Open House Recording
Humanities House Humanities Open House Recording
SMCS House Slides SMCS Open House Recording
Class of 2026 Magnet Invited Student Meeting Recordings
Please find recordings from last weeks meetings for invited students HERE. The Global House is recorded first, followed by Humanities House at 42:00 and then SMCS House at 1:25.
John Poole Middle School Incoming ISP House Freshman Information Meeting Recording from February 16, 2022
Magnet 2021-2022 Admissions Information:
9th Grade Course Registration and House Requirement Details Below.
Global Ecology Certificate Overview
Global Ecology Ninth Grade Class Information
Humanities Certificate Overview
Humanities Ninth Grade Class Information
SMCS Ninth Grade Class Information
2021-2022 Course Listing HERE!
Virtual Magnet Invited Welcome Information
Current magnet students welcome you through the videos below!
Answers to the Invited Welcome Night questions HERE!
Use the following link to view recorded course information for each house, such as courses, college recognition and more!
Applicant Wait Pool FAQ's
Global Ecology Excellence with Natural Mandalas. Take A Look!
Please contact the Magnet Office via email:
MCPS Special Programs website - for up-to-date information on the Application Process
Videos of Magnet Activities and Projects:
- Finalist in Source America Design Challenge 2016
- Harvard Medical School Organ Music Video Challenge
- Award Winning Peeps Show
- Theoretical Physics Club Commercial
- Ability One Competition 2013!
- Falcon Fun
- Department of Defense - World Champions 2nd Year!
- Poolesville is Home
- First Robotics - Rookie of the Year 2012!
- Artist in Residence - The Beginning
- Global Ecology House Documentary
- AbilityOne Design Challenge Champions! 2012
- Department of Defense - World Champions - Cyberforensics
Program Information from MCPS office of Special Programs
College Acceptance List for the Class of 2022
College Acceptance List for the Class of 2021
- List of Days When 8th Period is Cancelled (No 4:30 pm buses) for 2022-23 School Year can be found HERE.