PHS Magnet Programs
Magnet Application Information for 2023-2024 School Year:
- PHS will hold a VIRTUAL open house on Thursday, October 26th @ 6 PM for Global Ecology, 6:50 PM for Humanities and 7:35 PM for SMCS. Recording to be posted soon.
- More information on the programs, eligibility and meetings can be found Here
- Applications will be available in ParentVUE on (or about) Friday, October 6, 2023.
- UPDATE: Application deadline has moved to Wednesday, November 8, 2023.
- Results will be emailed and released to ParentVUE in the first week of February 2024.
- Deadline to Accept a Program Invitation or Appeal results - February 16, 2024
- Parents can check the FAQ page to get updated application information.
- Curent Grade 8 High School Application Preview
- Directions for private and home schooled students
Other Information: Contact Division of Consortia Choice and Application Program Services by emailing DCCAPS@mcpsmd.org
Magnet Information Meeting - recordings are below
Please find the slide shows from the Magnet Open House for each application program below.
Class of 2026 Magnet Invited Student Meeting Recordings
Please find recordings from last weeks meetings for invited students HERE. The Global House is recorded first, followed by Humanities House at 42:00 and then SMCS House at 1:25.
Magnet 2021-2022 Admissions Information:
9th Grade Course Registration and House Requirement Details Below.
2021-2022 Course Listing HERE!
Virtual Magnet Invited Welcome Information
Current magnet students welcome you through the videos below!
Answers to the Invited Welcome Night questions HERE!
Use the following link to view recorded course information for each house, such as courses, college recognition and more!
Applicant Wait Pool FAQ's
Please contact the Magnet Office via email:
MCPS Special Programs website - for up-to-date information on the Application Process
Videos of Magnet Activities and Projects:
- Finalist in Source America Design Challenge 2016
- Harvard Medical School Organ Music Video Challenge
- Award Winning Peeps Show
- Theoretical Physics Club Commercial
- Ability One Competition 2013!
- Falcon Fun
- Department of Defense - World Champions 2nd Year!
- Poolesville is Home
- First Robotics - Rookie of the Year 2012!
- Artist in Residence - The Beginning
- Global Ecology House Documentary
- AbilityOne Design Challenge Champions! 2012
- Department of Defense - World Champions - Cyberforensics
Program Information from MCPS office of Special Programs
College Acceptance List for the Class of 2022
College Acceptance List for the Class of 2021
- List of Days When 8th Period is Cancelled (No 4:30 pm buses) for 2023-24 School Year can be found HERE.