GMS Virtual Counseling Office
Come on in to our virtual counseling office and interact with your school counseling team.
Make appointments. Checkout the helpful resources and get to know us.
Mission Statement: Our mission is to provide a collaborative and holistic approach to counseling. We will support students and offer a safe space to learn skills that will help them grow intellectually, socially and emotionally to be successful. We will create an engaging environment for students to learn as we use equitable practices to support the closing of the achievement gap. We will remove barriers so students can make meaningful connections between their own personal lives and school which will allow them opportunities of academic, emotional growth and development.
Vision Statement: We inspire students to be life learners by providing all students access to the curriculum. Our students will receive high levels of learning to become college and career ready. Our students will also receive skills to be empathetic and compassionate individuals in order to make a significant difference in the lives of others in their communities.
- Ms. S. Ikpemgbe …...Resource counselor
- Ms. C. St. John ….....7th grade counselor
- Ms. F. Moskowitz…...8th grade counselor
- Ms. E. Merrill Oben…6th grade counselor
- Ms. H. Pinto-Roman..Counseling secretary/Registrar
- Ms. R. McPherson.....Pupil Personnel Worker
- N. Yarborough.......... EML Therapeutic Counselor
- C. Thomas ................School Psychologist (Mon & Thurs)
2021-22 GMS Course Bulletin in English and Spanish
Student Mental and Emotional Health Resources 2020
Complete New Student Information form #560-24
Complete Emergency Form #565-1; Spanish version
Bring student birth certificate
Bring parent/guardian identification (driver’s license, passport, etc.)
Bring proof of residency (one of the following)
- Home Owner-Current Property tax/mortgage
- Renter-Current lease (additional info may be needed if renting more than 1 year-current utility bills)
- Shared Housing-Form # 335-74 (must be notarized); Spanish version
Bring updated immunization
Bring updated educational plans if applicable (IEP, 504)
Personal Body Lessons
Signs of Suicide Prevention Program
- Letter in English/Spanish
- SOS Parent information/training
- SOS student presentation
- Signs of Suicide Resource Guide
US Department of Education College Scorecard