Parent Technical Support Email:
Student Service Learning (SSL) at GMS
Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS) believes that service learning addresses recognized community needs and is connected to curriculum goals. All indirect, direct, and advocacy action include the phases of preparation, action, and reflection. Quality service learning provides the student with knowledge, skills, attitudes, and career exploration opportunities that lead to effective citizenship in an increasingly diverse and interconnected world. MCPS is committed to quality service-learning experiences for all students.
GMS Coordinator: Ms. Rebecca Libert
MCPS SSL Forms
- SSL Activity Verification Form 560-51
Required to add SSL hours to student SSL record
- Individual SSL Request Form 560-50
Required if the organization or opportunity is not identified with a graduation cap on the MCVC website.
- School Hosted SSL Form 560-59
Required if the school is offering an SSL opportunity during the school day.
- SSL Activity Record
- Searching the Montgomery County Volunteer Center website:
English | Español | 中文 | Français | tiếng Việt | 한국어 | አማርኛ
- Find MCPS SSL Opportunities
A graduation cap indicates organizations or opportunities that meet MCPS SSL guidelines.
****Students do not use student_ID@mcpsmd.net as your contact information when registering. Use another email or phone number.
- The districtwide MLK Week of Service virtual advocacy opportunity is open and available to all secondary students as an opportunity to earn up to 4 SSL hours. Students can complete this asynchronously.
- In order for students to earn up to 4 SSL hours for this opportunity, they must complete the following:
- Engage in the lesson slideshow and watch the embedded videos at the following link: https://bit.ly/MLKWeek2021
- After viewing the slideshow and watching the embedded videos, complete the SSL Google Form located at the end of the slideshow by 11:59 p.m. on January 31, 2021, to earn up to 4 SSL hours.
- Choose Respect Video Contest (Deadline: March 21, 2021) - This year students may earn 10 SSL hours for quality video submissions. Learn more