AP EXAMS 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR
- AP Exams will cost $95 this year and $143 for the Seminar and Research exams. The Online Payment System will start receiving payments October 9th 2020.
- Below is a presentation that will show students how to create a College Board account as well as give important dates and deadlines for registration and payments. There are step-by step online payment instructions along with a few important links. Instructions
- Students already started joined their AP classrooms with their teachers. Once students join their classroom they are automatically signed up for the AP Exam. November 8th is the deadline for students to sign-up for their exam without a late fee. Students who join their classrooms after November 8th will be assessed a $40 late fee.
- The AP Exam format being proposed for this year is based on the following:
- If schools are face to face than we will have paper exams.
- If schools are on a remote learning platform, then students will take digital exams.
- The Course Content has not been abbreviated for this year and teachers will review the scope and sequence of their course.
- Students with documented disabilities may be eligible for accommodations for AP exams. Students must be approved for accommodations by the College Board Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD). Parents and students should check with their counselor to make sure their accommodations are in place for the AP exam(s). If accommodations have not be approved the deadline for the request with College Board is January 15, 2021.
- Students who need assistance in paying for the exams can contact the AP Coordinator.
- There is the student waiver which is tied to state guidelines with family income. PDF Version | Word Version
- The form needs to be filled out and returned to Mr. Mamana or Ms. Carr by November 8.
- If students do not qualify for the student waiver and need assistance in paying for their exam(s) they can apply for scholarship funds with their AP coordinator.
- For digital exam platforms there will be NO smartphone submissions. The College Board is discussing an encrypted exam in which there will be a time stamped at the beginning of the exam window which will automatically close at the end of the exam window.
- Lock Down Browser Directions: College Board uses a lock down browser to take assessments developed by teacher. These assessments use College Boards questions from previous exams. The browser locks down the testing environment which restricts students from printing, coping or going to another URL, or access other applications during testing. The student is locked into the assessment until it is submitted. Below is the guide that gives directions for uploading this browser with the specific device you have.
- Our School College Board Code is 210909
AP EXAM SCHEDULE MAY 3- May 14
Questions about specific content exams should be directed to the teacher but other AP exam questions can be answered by the AP Coordinators Ms. Carr Kathleen_F_Carr@mcpsmd.org and Mr. Mamana Joseph_MamanaIII@mcpsmd.org
Helpful AP Resources
THE PRINCETON REVIEW: https://www.princetonreview.com/academic-tutoring