SSL-Student Service Learning
Wootton SSL Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Service Learning Information Fall 2020
SSL remains a state graduation requirement for the 2020-2021 school year. There are temporary guidelines for virtual/remote service which may be found here: MCPS SSL Website.
Wootton has created a myMCPS Canvas “Class” that all families should be able to access. If the Wootton SSL “Class” does not show up on your student’s dashboard they should email the Wootton SSL Coordinator Mr. Christopher Thompson
- What can be found in The Wootton SSL Class?
- Links to MCPS SSL and the Montgomery County Volunteer Center (MCVC) where you may find pre-approved opportunities both in-person and virtually.
- All required forms for verification of hours and pre-approval requests
- A place to submit your completed SSL Verification and Request Forms
- A few common items to keep in mind:
- Any service for SSL must be completed under the sponsorship/ supervision of nonprofit representative or MCPS staff member
- Any form from summer of 2019, the 2019-2020 school year, the summer of 2020, and the 2020-2021 school year will be accepted until the required deadline of June 4, 2021.
- Use the Wootton SSL Class to submit all verification forms so that your hours are recorded. Please follow the directions when submitting forms.