- Searching for SSL Opportunities Online (using the MCPS site)
- How to Find MCPS SSL Opportunities Video (View in Chrome not IE)
- MCPS SSL Hours Information Page
- SSL PowerPoint
- Access to SSL Form
- An SSL flowchart: http://bit.ly/SSLFlowchart
- An interactive SSL flowchart: http://bit.ly/SSLLiveFlowchart
- MCVC search tips: http://bit.ly/SSLSearchTips
SSL Summer 2020 Information
Students can continue to engage in MCPS SSL opportunities during the summer, including select virtual/remote opportunities that follow the temporarily amended guidelines posted on the MCPS SSL webpage (www.mcps-ssl.org). All SSL opportunities can be found on the Montgomery County Volunteer Center website (www.montgomeryserves.org); these opportunities will be tagged with the blue MCPS SSL banner and graduation cap icon. For individual approval to engage in service opportunities not listed on the MCVC website, students should complete MCPS Form 560-50 (https://bit.ly/SSLPreApproval) and email the request to firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about the MCPS SSL program, please view our program overview at https://bit.ly/SSLOverview2020.
After June 5, students should hold on to any SSL forms and turn them into their school’s SSL coordinator in the fall. SSL coordinators will accept any SSL forms that students were unable to turn in at the end of the 2019-2020 school year, as well as any SSL forms for service completed during the summer of 2020. If you have any questions, please email your school’s SSL coordinator or the MCPS SSL office at email@example.com.
This slideshow gives an overview of the MCPS SSL Program for Summer 2020: https://bit.ly/SSLOverview2020
- Service completed during the summer – recommended by the last Friday in September
- Service completed during the summer and 1st semester – recommended by the first Friday in January
- Service completed during the summer, 1st semester, and 2nd semester to be recognized for the Superintendent’s SSL Award – recommended by the first Friday in April
- Service completed during the summer, 1st semester, and 2nd semester – REQUIRED by the first Friday in June
Summer SSL Pre-Approval Requests
If you are looking to get pre-approval for service over the summer, follow the steps listed below:
- Fill out the Individual SSL Request Form (#560-50) found on the MCPS website under SSL.
- Complete the form, scan, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 2 weeks prior to your service.
- You can find more information on the MCPS SSL website or email Shella_B_Cherry@mcpsmd.org
- Check out the MCPS SSL webpage (www.mcps-ssl.org) for 3 new resources for SSL.
MCPS SSL Guidelines
- The Girl Scout Council Of The Nation's Capital and The Boy Scouts Of America, National Capital Area Council are MCPS SSL approved organizations as indicated on the Montgomery County Volunteer Center website:
- MCPS students may earn SSL hours for the approved activities that are listed in this organization’s profile in the “SSL Not Recruiting” section at the bottom of the page. Only service activities that benefit the greater community are eligible for SSL hours. Any troop activities that exclusively benefits a troop (such as den/troop meetings, recognition events, team building activities, or supporting other local troops) are not eligible for SSL hours.
Wilson Wims ES SSL Opportunities
Wilson Wims ES uses a lot of SSL kids for their events! Sign up if you are interested in volunteering at their events using the link provided: http://www.wwespta.org/#!ssl-sign-up/lnz66