- Summer 2023 SSL Message
- Helpful Quick Links for Students
*The MCPS SSL Hub for Students/Families has everything you need in one place. Be sure to check it out!*
- Searching for SSL Opportunities Online (using the MCPS site)
- How to Find MCPS SSL Opportunities Video (View in Chrome not IE)
- MCPS SSL Hours Information Page
- SSL PowerPoint
- Access to SSL Form
- An SSL flowchart: http://bit.ly/SSLFlowchart
- An interactive SSL flowchart: http://bit.ly/SSLLiveFlowchart
- MCVC search tips: http://bit.ly/SSLSearchTips
- Service completed during the summer – recommended by the last Friday in September
- Service completed during the summer and 1st semester – recommended by the first Friday in January
- Service completed during the summer, 1st semester, and 2nd semester to be recognized for the Superintendent’s SSL Award – recommended by the first Friday in April
- Service completed during the summer, 1st semester, and 2nd semester – REQUIRED by the first Friday in June
- Any middle school student who has submitted documentation to show the completion of 75 SSL hours by March 30, 2023, will receive the Superintendent's SSL Award.
- More Information about SSL Awards
Summer SSL Pre-Approval Requests
If you are looking to get pre-approval for service over the summer, follow the steps listed below:
- Fill out the Individual SSL Request Form (#560-50) found on the MCPS website under SSL.
- Complete the form, scan, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 2 weeks prior to your service.
- You can find more information on the MCPS SSL website or email Shella_B_Cherry@mcpsmd.org
MCPS SSL Guidelines
- The Girl Scout Council Of The Nation's Capital and The Boy Scouts Of America, National Capital Area Council are MCPS SSL approved organizations as indicated on the Montgomery County Volunteer Center website:
- MCPS students may earn SSL hours for the approved activities that are listed in this organization’s profile in the “SSL Not Recruiting” section at the bottom of the page. Only service activities that benefit the greater community are eligible for SSL hours. Any troop activities that exclusively benefits a troop (such as den/troop meetings, recognition events, team building activities, or supporting other local troops) are not eligible for SSL hours.
Wilson Wims ES SSL Opportunities
Wilson Wims ES uses a lot of SSL kids for their events! Sign up if you are interested in volunteering at their events using the link provided: http://www.wwespta.org/#!ssl-sign-up/lnz66