Parent Technical Support Email:
ActivInspire Personal Edition (allows you to download a personal edition of ActivInspire so that you can view teacher flip charts at home) Download Link
You can now follow Rocky Hill Athletics on Twitter: @MCPS_RHWildcats for updates on games, cancelations, and "Athletes of the Week".
Google Apps for Education
Google Apps for Education: As part of the 21st Century Learning Spaces MCPS initiative, all Montgomery County Public School (MCPS) staff and students received a Google Apps for Education account. A Google Apps for Education account is a cloud-based, collaborative application platform that provides access to a host of tools and services such as e-mail, online storage, and web-based communication and collaboration applications. Students and staff are assigned secured accounts to the learning environment and are able to access their accounts through any web-enabled device using any mainstream web-browser. The assigned student and staff accounts enable document sharing, collaborative work, and assessment opportunities in this cloud-based platform. For MCPS, participating students and staff are assigned an “@mcpsmd.net” Gmail-like account. Students and staff can log into their account via any web-enabled device (i.e. laptop/ desktop computer, tablet, or smart phone) using any modern web-browser (i.e. Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari) at http://www.google.com .
Students are restricted to only sending and receiving e-mail from other authorized MCPS account holders. Student progress and engagement will be monitored via a learning management system integrated into the platform that allows teachers to send information to students, offer real-time feedback, and monitor progress on activities. For more information on the 21st Century Learning Spaces Initiative, click the link provided: 21st Century Learning Spaces.
At Rocky Hill we are introducing our students to Google Apps for Education accounts through English and Health classes. All students have their log in information, which can be found on the password sheet that each student received in November.
- PTA Presentation (Dec. 2020)-Adolescent Brain Development- If you were unable to attend the PTA meeting on Dec. 8th, here is the presentation on Adolescent Brain Development that was shared at the meeting.
- The Learning Brain – A kid friendly look at how the brain works and how to improve learning.
- Mindset – This article explains the difference between demonstrating a fixed mindset and a growth mindset.
- Here is a link to a youtube video explaining growth mindset.
- This video clip demonstrates the research Dr. Dweck conducted on having a growth mindset.
- Here are a few links to youtube videos explaining growth mindset:
Giving parents tips and tools to help their children succeed in school. Please see the link for workshop dates and locations. https://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/departments/parentacademy/workshops.aspx
- MCAP Early Fall informational Documents: English | Spanish
- Weekly Handouts
- School Attendance Notification
- Rocky Hill Heading (for class assignments)
- Staff Directory
- Wildcat Roar
- Common Sense Education-Family Tip Sheets
- Common Core Information for Parents
- Cafeteria News
- Emergency Information
- Employment of Minors-Work Permits
- FARMS-Free and Reduced Meal Application
- For Parent & Students
- Grading & Reporting
- Health Inventory
- Hotline Numbers
- Medicine form [English & Spanish]
- Middle School Program Brochure
- Parent and Community Involvement Opportunities
- Parent Guide to Special Education
- Registration Information
- School Year Calendar
- Student Service Learning Hours
- Clarksburg Elementary School
- William B. Gibbs, Jr. Elementary School
- Little Bennett Elementary School
- Daly Elementary School
- Fox Chapel Elementary School
- Neelsville Middle School
- Clarksburg HS
- Seneca Valley HS
State & National Resources
Montgomery County Resources