MCPS Schools will be open 5 Days a Week for In-person learning for the 2021-2022 School Year: Learn more
Return to School
Ask a Question
- Ask Us a Question
- Parent Technical Help Number: 240-740-7020
This page contains important information send to parents (in email form) as an archive of important information for the school year.
Equity Hubs Open to MCPS Students
The Children’s Opportunity Fund and the Black and Brown Coalition for Educational Equity and Excellence are coordinating low-cost child care and distance learning support for MCPS students at facilities across the county. Priority is given to low-income, kindergarten through Grade 5 students, and students needing additional assistance with virtual learning. Learn more at EquityHubs.org or by telephone at 240-200-4999.
Welcome to Rocky Hill!
- RHMS Back to School Night
- Dr. Eldridge-1st Day of School Welcome Video
- Welcome to 6th Grade! (Includes Helpful Hints)
- Welcome to 7th Grade!
- Welcome to 8th Grade!
- Wildcat Welcome Presentation
- Principal Welcome Letter
- Grade 7 Immunization Information
- 6th Grade Orientation Materials
- Student Assignment Book Page-A planner to help you stay organized during virtual learning
- Summer Math & Reading Info
- We are a No Place for Hate School
RHMS Important Information
- RHMS Amazing Accomplishments
- Virtual Learning Attendance Reminder
- Lesson Recording & ParentVUE (English & Spanish)
- MAEOE Re-Certifies RHMS as Maryland SUSTAINABLE Green School
- Are you Moving? Residency Information
- RHMS Counselors are Available
- Cafeteria News
- Common Sense Lessons at RHMS
- Academic Eligibility and Extracurricular Activities
- Radon Update
Student Service Learning Opportunities
Student Service Learning (SSL) hours remain a state graduation requirement for the 2020-2021 school year. MCPS students must earn 75 SSL hours to graduate. Students may continue to engage in MCPS SSL opportunities, including traditional in-person opportunities and select virtual/remote opportunities that follow the temporarily amended guidelines posted on the MCPS SSL webpage (www.mcps-ssl.org). All nonprofit-hosted SSL opportunities can be found on the Montgomery County Volunteer Center (MCVC) website (www.montgomeryserves.org); these opportunities will be tagged with the blue MCPS SSL banner and graduation cap icon. Students may also directly access nonprofit-hosted MCPS SSL opportunities at bit.ly/SSLOpportunities.
SSL In a Virtual Environment/Opportunities
There have been many modifications made to service-learning hours due to COVID. Many updates and opportunities are communicated through both pages (see below).
Student Engagement Website Features Information on Leadership, Service, and Extracurricular Activities
MCPS students can engage and access several different experiences through leadership, service, and extracurricular activities. Students are encouraged to participate at the school level. The new student engagement website includes information for additional learning experiences and information, which often are student-led. Be sure to check www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/departments/student-engagement/ frequently as content and information will be updated throughout the school year.
- MCPS Community Update
- Food Distribution August 26 Update
- Montgomery County Family Violence Prevention and Awareness Initiative
- Online FARMS Apps are Available Now!
- SmarTrip Cards for Free Rides
Parents who need technical help can call 240-740-7020 Monday-Friday between 7am and 8pm or email email@example.com.
- RHMS Technology Contacts
- ParentVUE Activation Communication
- Technology Support Parent Webinar Series
- Zoom Tips & Best Practices
- Student Guide for Joining a Zoom Meeting
- Free Internet Access Opportunities