MCPS Schools will be open 5 Days a Week for In-person learning for the 2021-2022 School Year: Learn more
Return to School
Ask a Question
- Ask Us a Question
- Parent Technical Help Number: 240-740-7020
Main Office Summer Hours:
- Contact us between 8:00 am - 3:00 pm Monday through Friday.
Summer School July 6th - July 30th
- If you have any questions, feel free to contact Loryn Baglione at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wood MS 6th Grade Summer Orientation - click the title above or the link below to sign up.
Wood MS is offering an opportunity for incoming 6th graders to visit us and begin to learn about the school/meet classmates. This is optional and is a supplement to a half day orientation offered the week before the start of school. Students will have an opportunity to tour the school, meet staff members, and ask questions about the transition to middle school.
Wood MS ofrece una oportunidad para que los estudiantes que ingresan al sexto grado asistan a una orientación opcional y complementaria. Si bien se ofrece una orientación de medio día la semana antes del comienzo de la escuela, esta orientación complementaria es más profunda y brinda más tiempo para que los estudiantes se aclimaten. Los estudiantes tendrán la oportunidad de recorrer la escuela, conocer a los miembros del personal y hacer preguntas sobre la transición a la escuela intermedia.
2 Day Sessions July 26th-Aug 10th
In Person and Virtual Options are available.
Register Online: https://bit.ly/woodms6th
Official MCPS 6th and 7th Grade Orientation- Aug 26
All rising 6th and 7th grade Wood Middle School students, as well as any newly enrolled students to Wood Middle School, are invited to the official MCPS orientation day on August 26. It will be held at Wood Middle School from 8:15 am – 12:00 pm. Bus transportation will be provided and running on their normal morning pick-up times (official bus routes will be shared as soon as we receive them from our transportation department). Students who attend will have the opportunity to walk through their schedule and meet their teachers. More details will be forthcoming. Looking forward to seeing you!
New 2021-22 FARMS (Free and Reduced Meals) forms are now available:
ONLINE FARMS APPS ARE AVAILABLE NOW!
is NOW OPEN for parents to complete and submit
the 2021–2022 Online application for Free and Reduced-Price Meals!
FAMILIES CAN APPLY NOW & AVOID LONGER PROCESSING TIMES IN SEPTEMBER!
Helpful How To Videos:
- Spanish Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsdCrtCIFJc&t=4s
- English Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJUapGLarBo
Chromebooks over summer
- Current 6th and 7th grade students who will return to Earle B. Wood Middle School for the 2021-2022 school year will receive upgraded Chromebooks in the fall when they return to school. If you do not need your current chromebook over the summer we would love to have them back by June 16th. Please bring your chromebook back and return it to the media center if you do not need it for the summer.
Yearbooks Still for Sale!
- If you would like to still purchase a yearbook you can do so by going to www.yearbookforever.com and finding Earle B. Wood M.S. The yearbooks will arrive in July. Distribution will be determined.
Anticipating a School Change?
- If you are not returning to Earle B. Wood MS (due to a move/change of school); or will not be articulating to Rockville High School (8th graders) for the 2021-2022 school year, please email Mrs. Albrecht, Registrar at email@example.com
2021 Summer Resources
- MCPS staff have developed a guidance document of resources and activities for families wanting students to remain engaged in content, but are not participating in MCPS summer programming options. Students can engage independently with these materials and explore/study the contents at their pace. View the resource document here.
- The Division of Food and Nutrition Services will continue to provide meals to MCPS students this summer. Information on meal distribution through June 30, 2021, is now posted on the MCPS Meals webpage: https://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/reopening/meals/.
Summer Read and Learning Program
- Montgomery County Public Libraries (MCPL) is holding its Summer Read and Learning Program from June 16–August 31. The Summer Read and Learn program offers kids and teens a chance to fill the summer with great books and fun activities. Read books, do fun learning activities, and attend virtual events all summer long.
Immunization Requirements for the 2021-2022 School Year
- All students must have up to date immunization records prior to the start of the 2021-2022 school year. Parents should contact their doctor to make sure their child is properly immunized and submit a copy of the documentation to the Health Room at your child’s school as soon as possible, but no later than Monday, August 30, 2021 the first day of the 2021-2022 school year. Immunizations for students new to MCPS and children in Kindergarten through Grade 12, are available Monday through Friday, by appointment, at locations in Rockville and Germantown.
- Appointments are available at: School Health Services Immunization Clinic at Rocking Horse Road: 4910 Macon Road. Rockville; Phone: 240-740-4430 OR Germantown Health Center: 12900 Middlebrook Rd. Germantown; Phone: 240-777-3380
- Visit this webpage to view the full list of immunization requirements for students.
- Here is a message from Hjarman Cordero, Senior Community Engagement Coordinator regarding vaccination clinics for children 12 and up.
8th Grade Promotion Video
|For any student attendance matters, please email our attendance secretary Ada_L_Munoz@mcpsmd.org or call the main office at 301/460-2150.|
When you are ready to submit your completed SSL form use this link to submit:
Cuando esté listo para enviar su formulario SSL completo, utilice este enlace para enviar: