WJ Science National Honor Society
Fortunate is one who understands the causes of things
About SNHS: SNHS Home | Eligibility | SNHS Leadership | Membership | Tutoring |
National SNHS website
Mr. Micheal Bauer - Science Honor Society
2020-2021 Officers TBA
SNHS is governed by a four person council of Co-Presidents:
The Science National Honor Society (SNHS) was established in 2000 with the following objectives:
- Encourage and recognize scientific and intellectual thought
- Advance the students' knowledge of classical and modern science
- Communicate with the scientific community
- Aid the civic community with its comprehension of science
- Encourage students to participate in community service and in turn, encourage a dedication to the pursuit of scientific knowledge that benefits all humankind.
In order to maintain the status of an active member and receive recognition at the time of graduation all members must:
- Maintain a 3.5 overall GPA and a 3.7 Science GPA, while maintaining a minimum grade of B in advanced science courses.
- Tutor once per semester.
- Participate in one activity per semester.
- Pay one-time membership fee of $10.00.
- Attend all meetings.
Please note that every member must meet the eligibility requirements in order to maintain the status of an active member and receive recognition at the time of graduation.
Invitations for SNHS membership in WJ's chapter are distributed in the fall of junior or senior year with induction in the Fall. Meetings are held periodically during the year for SNHS members.
Science Tutoring is provided by the SNHS. Look for updates on this coming soon.