Fundraising at WJ
There are many ways to financially help Walter Johnson, many at no additional cost to you other than the few minutes it takes to register. Following is information about the school's fundraising groups and fund raising initiatives. REGISTER for those that are cost-free! Through out the year there are various opportunites to help raise funds to support programs here at WJ. When staff alert you to one of the many chances to help raise funds, be sure to support the businesses that they have partnered with and contibute to the percentage of proceeds that go to WJ.
- WJ Booster Club
- Visit www.wjboosterclub.com to print a membership form or pay dues online
- Looking to volunteer? Booster Membership questions? Email Boosters Club
- The WJ Booster Club was the first Montgomery County School to support all extracurricular activities. Among other things, the booster club provides athletic and musical equipment, along with supporting clubs like Amnesty International, Mock Trial and Robotics and publications like The Pitch and Spectator. Funding comes from your membership, and your generosity benefits all WJ students.
- Your contribution lets us publish and distribute The Big Train newsletters and The Lineup student directory, fund the Freshman family picnic, staff appreciation events and awards, provide financial support to the Guidance Advisory and Prom Breakfast committees, and aid the WJ Student Government Association.
- WJ Education Foundation
- Questions? Please email the Foundation
- Purchase a Brick
- The foundation ensures that current and future WJ students have continuing opportunities for academic rigor and social and emotional growth in a state of the art facility that complements excellent academic programs.
- The foundation generally meets the first Wednesday of the month at 7:30 PM in the WJ Media Center. Visit the WJ Calendar page for specific meeting dates.
- Visit the WJ Ed Foundation webpage to learn more.
WJ Education Foundation Brick SaleAs part of Walter Johnson High School's renovation, a custom brick walkway was installed between the building and tennis courts. The walkway has over 300 engraved bricks, but we have room for more. You are invited to be a part of this project and of WJ’s legacy by contributing a permanently engraved brick for the walkway.Your bricks can be engraved with the name of a student, family, teacher, coach, club, or team and will remain a permanent part of WJ. Funds raised will go to the WJHS Education Foundation to be used to support student programs, staff development, and enhancements to WJ's media center and other facilities. The purchase of these bricks is open to current students and parents as well as WJ alumni.
The School Store is located by the WJ Cafeteria and is open almost every day during lunch from 10:45 - 11:30. Additional openings are announced by e-mail to the WJ PTSA Bulletin Board. There is also an online school store on the WJ Booster Club website. You may also email email@example.com with questions.
The following fund raisers are in progress—
Giant A+ BonusBucks for WJ - Register TODAY!
The A+ Bonus Bucks program will use the Giant BonusCard (or handy keytag) to credit your purchases to WJ. If you don't have a BonusCard you can get one either at the store or by mail when applied for on the Internet. Click here to apply for your Giant BonusCard Online.
To designate your card for WJ visit The A+ BonusBucks School Designations Page. You MUST do this again even if you designated WJ last year! WJ's school number is 00646.
IF YOU DO NOT KNOW your 12-Digit BonusCard number, call the BonusCard hotline at: 1-877-366-2668 to register by phone!
For more information about the Giant BonusCard or A+ Bonus Bucks click here.
Safeway Club Card for WJ - Register TODAY!
Safeway is again registering Safeway Club Cards as well to credit your shopping totals to Walter Johnson. Register here!
Harris Teeter VIC Card for WJ - Register TODAY!
The Together in Education (TIE) program will use the Harris Teeter VIC Card (or handy keytag) to credit your purchases to WJ. If you don't have a VIC Card you can get one either at the store or by mail when applied for on the Internet. Click here to apply for your Harris Teeter VIC Card Online. To designate your card for WJ visit The "Link to Your School" Page or ask the cashier at checkout to link to the WJ account. WJ's school number is 7371.
For more information about the Harris Teeter VIC Card or the Together in Education Program click here.
We use PayPal™, which processes credit cards securely and with a minimal fee to the Foundation.
WJ has established a scholarship fund in memory of former teacher Rich Baxter. Checks should be made payable to Walter Johnson High School. Please note that the money should be directed to the Rich Baxter Memorial Scholarship Fund.
At the family's request, WJ has also established a scholarship fund in memory of class of 2005 alumna Celine Silver. Checks should be made payable to Walter Johnson High School. Please note that the money should be directed to the Celine Silver Memorial Scholarship Fund.
Dine out to Support WJ
There are various Dine-out events with local restaurants that have agreed to provide WJ a percentage of proceeds on scheduled evenings. Keep an eye out for emails with various events to help raise funds.