MCPS Schools will be open 5 Days a Week for In-person learning for the 2021-2022 School Year: Learn more
Return to School
Ask a Question
- Ask Us a Question
- Parent Technical Help Number: 240-740-7020
Contact the ACES Program
Wheaton Office Phone: 301-321- 3326 ( Wheaton HS office is not currently open)
Montgomery College Office Phone: 301-353-8000
The ACES Program is a partnership between Montgomery County Public Schools, Montgomery College, and the Universities at Shady Grove. The main goal is to provide a smooth transition from high school to a baccalaureate degree. The program is hosted in 13 high schools across Montgomery County.
ACES seniors who choose to pursue their studies at Montgomery College would continue to benefit from the assistance of a Montgomery College Academic Coach.
ACES Application (click link to left)
Services offered by the ACES Program
SENIORS: Implement the college application plan developed in 11th grade
- Complete College Applications
- Complete the FAFSA
- Create an MD-CAPS create and submit appropriate paperwork (if applicable)
- Complete the CSS Profile (if applicable)
- Research and Complete Scholarship Applications
JUNIORS: Develop a college application plan
- Attend College Planning Workshops
- Create an Academic Résumé
- Participate in College Visits
- Participate in an SAT Test or ACT Test Preparation
- Receive Academic Enrichment Support
PARENTS: Involvement in the College Planning Process
Parents are key partners in the education of their child. All year long, ACES provides parent-focused workshops on various topics.
Sessions are in English and Spanish with translation services in other MCPS languages available upon request.
- Students are recruited into the program in 10th grade. The application is available online from September to December.
- Upon acceptance, ACES Scholars stay in the program for their 11th and 12th grade years.
SUMMER BRIDGE PROGRAMS
Every summer, ACES organizes 2 programs for students.
- 11th Grade Mission Possible Summer Program: The focus is on academic enrichment and introduction to the college planning process. The location is the Montgomery College Campus in Rockville.
- 12th Grade Why Not You Summer Program: the focus is on career readiness. The location is the Universities at Shady Grove in Rockville.
- Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrxqZ6ZR8Xs
- Food and transportation are provided for free to all participants.