Mrs. Ashley Schreckengost
The mission of the mathematics department at Wheaton High School is to ensure a high quality education in mathematics that will enable all students to be productive problem solvers and competitive citizens of the 21st century.
Our math teachers at Wheaton are working closely with the students to provide them with an effective mathematical instruction program that will help them acquire the math skills and abilities to promote success in their college years and throughout their lives, both within and beyond school settings.
- Ashley Schreckengost
- Jim Fields
- Evi Gellerson
- Alex Helberg
- Dina Manieri
- Wole Marville
- Nikki Mehta
- Michelle Sobel
- Dan Bates
- Josephine Kalema
- Dan Stephens
- Nicole Turner
- Olisa McKenzie
- Kate Grandusky
- Wendy Brown
- John Miller
- Cynthia Harris
- Kelly Gilbert
Many courses recommend the use of a calculator. Algebra 1 requires it. Any student who does not have a calculator may borrow a TI-83 or TI-83 Plus calculator from the math department. You must return your calculator at the end of the year in order to clear all obligations. If the calculator is lost, stolen or damaged while in your possession you must pay the full price of the calculator ($90). To borrow a calculator, see Mrs. Schreckengost in the Math Office, room 217, before school, after school, or during lunch. Supplies are limited. See Mrs. Schreckengost today.
TI-83 or TI-83 Plus calculator
Please see Mrs. Schreckengost if you need to borrow a calculator as Algebra 1 requires it.
- MCPS Mathematics in High School - Visit this website for information for all math courses including course descriptions and final exam reviews.
- Top Ten Things Parents Need to Know About the HSA - Spanish Version
- Common Core State Standards - Visit this website to learn more about the standards that Maryland and most other states will adopt for Mathematics and English Language Arts.
- Maryland’s New Curriculum - Visit the state’s website to learn more about Maryland’s curriculum frameworks which are fully aligned with the Common Core State Standards.
- Transition within MCPS - See this presentation to better understand how the new curriculum aligns with our current mathematics curriculum - and what is happening this year as we prepare to transition.
- MCPS Math - Visit this website for a list of on-line mathematics resources.
The Math Dude
The Math Dude stars in an award-winning series of videos
produced by MCPS and aligned with our Algebra 1 curriculum