Walter Johnson HS STUDENT Blood Drives
Sponsored by Inova Blood Donor Services
All WJ students (even if you are 18) need parent permission to donate, regardless of age. Come get a form from Ms. Schwed in room 148. Bring the form when you check in to the Blood Drive. Make an appointment using this link . Appointments are preferred but walk-ins are welcome. e-mail Ms. Schwed with questions.
- You must be 16 years of age at the time you donate
- You must weigh at least 110 pounds
- You must generally be in good health and feeling well on the day of donation
- Read the other donor eligibility rules here, especially if you have questions about restrictions due to medications, travel, piercings, tattoos, etc.
About Giving Blood
- Students giving blood must bring a photo ID
- The entire procedure takes about 45 minutes; the actual giving time is usually less than 10 minutes
- It's important - 95% of the population will need a blood transfusion at least once in their lives but only 5% donate blood!
For more information on donating blood, visit the Inova Blood Donor Services Web