MCPS Schools will be open 5 Days a Week for In-person learning for the 2021-2022 School Year: Learn more
Return to School
Ask a Question
- Ask Us a Question
- Parent Technical Help Number: 240-740-7020
Linkages to Learning At Silver Spring International MS
Sharon Perez, Community School Coordinator/Family Case Manager
Paul McClellan, Child and Family Therapist
Linkages to Learning is a school-based collaboration among the Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services, the Montgomery County Public Schools and non-profit, community based service providers. The program provides accessible services to at-risk children and their families to improve adjustment to and performance in school, home, and community. Prevention and early intervention services include health, mental health, social services and educational support.
The Mission To improve the well-being of children and their families through a collaborative delivery of school-based services that address the social, economic, health, and emotional issues that interfere with the academic success of a child.
Here at Silver Spring International Middle School, the Linkages to Learning program is served by the YMCA’s Youth & Family Services.
Linkages to Learning Services
- Supporting students' adjustment to school
- Counseling individuals, families and groups
- Providing preventive health care and health education
- Providing workshops and classes on issues of parenting, nutrition, ad acculturation
- Assisting with food, utility and housing problems
- Providing translation services for non-English speaking families
- Assisting parents in completing financial and medical assistance forms
- Planning community outreach and prevention programs
- Empowering parents to access the "service system" on their own
Sharon Perez: 240-740-2772
Paul McClellan: 240-740-2773
Linkages Fax:(301) 565-7652