We understand that paying for college is not easy. There are many scholarships available to students for some extra financial aid. Your best resource is to meet with your College/Career Information Coordinator. These professionals will help guide you in your search for scholarships and answer any questions you may have. I have included a list of scholarship links and applications below for your convenience.
**REMEMBER - When searching, it is very important to read all scholarship requirements carefully to determine if you are eligible. You do not want to put time and effort into completing an application for a scholarship that you are not eligible to win.
Also, keep in mind that some scholarship applications may require a letter of recommendation from a teacher or responsible adult. Pay attention to deadlines and give these people at least a week to complete this part of the application for you.
WEEKLY (Recurring; See Sites For Exact Deadline Dates)
- Zinch Weekly Scholarship - one $1,000 award per week; write a short essay (a few sentences)
- Common Knowledge Scholarship Foundation - $500-$5,000; take a quiz, show what you know, win scholarships. It's that easy!
- Courage to Grow Scholarship - $500; Junior or Senior; min 2.5 GPA; 250 words or less why you should win $.
- Quick Entry Course Hero Scholarship - $1,000; Senior; must be at least 16 years old to enter; create an account and submit a response of up to 1000 words on the monthly topic.
- $2,000 No Essay Scholarship - $2,000; 9-12 grade; U.S. Cit. or legal res.; register for site; random winner drawn monthly; you can enter once each month for a chance to win.
- Pulse of Perseverance Scholarship - $1,000; 9-12 grade; read the book, "Pulse of Perseverance: Three Black Doctors on Their Journey to Success" and submit a 250-word essay and 60 second video; see link for essay and video guidelines.
Scholarship Search Sites
- www.fastweb.com - Great site! Profile-based database
- www.tuitionfundingsources.com - Lots of info! Profile-based database
NEW!!! Open Education Database is a great, extensive resource featuring information about MD schools, scholarships, loans, and more! Check it out: oedb.org/maryland/.
The College Scholarship Guide has many great tips and information about the scholarship application process. Check it out: www.thesimpledollar.com/college-scholarship-guide/.