Not sure if the career you have your heart set on is the right one for you? Do you have a passion about a particular industry and want to get real-life work experience? One way to find out if your career choice is the right fit for you is to participate in an internship program. An internship is also a great experience to add to your resume.
- STEM Internships and Summer Opportunities for High School Students - Maryland's STEM Innovation Network; search for internships.
- FitzWay Paid Internship for Auto. Technicians - lube tech position with a career pathway to a certified dealership technician; compensation starts at $14; see flyer for contact info.
- Fund for Public Interest - offering opportunities for students to get hands-on experience in a grassroots, summer campaign focused on helping the environment; interns will help us build our office, plan campaign events, work on media outreach, and help us hit our campaign goals (office out of College Park, MD).
- Maryland State Police - students must be at least 16 years of age; must be of excellent moral character; no serious Motor Vehicle Administration Record; no criminal convictions of any kind; must a agree to submit to a records background check; see link for application.
- The Science and Engineering Apprentice Program (SEAP) - provides an opportunity for students to participate in research at a Department of Navy laboratory during the summer; grades 10-12, graduating seniors are eligible to apply; must be at least 16 years old for most labs; must be a U.S. Cit., participation by Permanent Resident Aliens is limited; spend 8 weeks during summer doing research; no vacation time is allowed during these 8 weeks; selected participants earn a stipend of $3,300 for the 8 weeks; see link for all details.