Parent Technical Support Email:
Looking for a job? Need help creating a resume? Visit the College/Career for assistance.
We sometimes receive calls from local businesses looking for students that want work. Check this page periodically as we will add any job opportunities that we receive.
You can also check out Zippia's "Job Search Tips for High School Students". This is a great resource for high school students with tons of information including:
- Jobs for High School Students
- Companies That Hire High School Students
- How to find a job
- Tips To Help You Land A Job
- and more!
- Montgomery County Board of Elections - as an election judge, you can earn up to $210 or 25 SSL credits by volunteering at the polls in the next election (April 28, 2020 & November 3, 2020); must be: 16 years old or older, a U.S. Citizen, and registered to vote (you can register online); see link for more information.
- Future Vote Initiative - for students under the age of 16; any middle or high school student can earn up to 6 SSL hours by volunteering to work on election day (two 1-hour training sessions and a four shift on election day); see link for details.
- 2020 Census (various, temporary positions) - most 2020 Census positions will last several weeks; they feature: competitive wages, weekly paychecks, flexible hours, paid training; must be at least 18 years old, have a valid Social Security number, be a U.S. citizen*, complete an application and answer assessment questions; be registered with the Selective Service System or have a qualifying exemption, undergo fingerprinting and pass a criminal background check and a review of criminal records performed by the Census Bureau, Commit to completing training, be available to work flexible hours, which can include days, evenings, and weekends.
- Montgomery County Seasonal Maintenance (Montgomery County Department of Parks) - searching for students to fill the following Summer Employment positions: 2 - Carpenters, 1 - Painter (general), 1 - Mechanic, 1 - Graphics Shop; up to $15 per hour; Mon – Fri, 6:30am – 3:15pm (flexible with vacations); work 30-40 hours per week; must have a Social Security Number; must have an official ID (Driver’s License, passport) & birth certificate; must be at least 16 years old by start date of the job.
- Montgomery County Department of Recreation - hiring positions for the following: Aquatics (Lifeguards), Summer Camps, Therapeutic Recreation (TR), and TeenWorks; click on link for specific positions and details.
- Fund for Public Interest - offering paid, full-time positions for students over the age of 18; get hands-on experience in a grassroots, summer campaign focused on helping the environment (office out of College Park, MD).
- Glenstone Museum - the Glenstone Museum in Potomac, MD, is looking for a Building Maintenance Technician; performs a variety of maintenance tasks including but not limited to cleaning, painting, carpentry, plumbing, and electrical; High school graduate or equivalent; valid driver's license; see link for additional details and requirements. (added 06/30/20)
- Fireguard - a leading Mid-Atlantic fire protection contractor has an entry level opening to assist with servicing, installing and inspecting sprinkler systems; must possess valid drivers' license with clean driving record and have the ability to travel to multiple locations around the Metro DC and Baltimore areas; see link for full job posting.
- Target Sheet Metal - contractor looking for apprentices and welders; openings in our Gaithersburg, MD shop and at several jobsites in the DC/metro area; experience not required; willing to learn and enter a trade with unlimited, long-term opportunities for career advancement; see link for contact info.
- Maguire Building & Remodeling - well-established residential remodeling company with primarily a Montgomery County, MD client base is looking to fill a full-time carpenter/carpenter apprentice position; applicant must be 18 years of age, possess a valid drivers’ license and be willing to learn; see link for contact info.
- Glenstone Museum - the Glenstone Museum in Potomac, MD, is looking for a Automotive Mechanic; responsible for the safe operation, repair, and maintenance of Glenstone's vehicle fleet, emergency generators, and gas-powered tool inventory; additionally, as a member of the Engineering & Maintenance team, the Auto Mechanic is required to assist with a variety of maintenance tasks; high school graduate or equivalent; Auto Mechanic Trades Certification (ASE preferred); see link for additional details and requirements. (added 06/30/20)
- Beltway Companies - accepting applications for diesel, body repair, painters, and install technicians; apprenticeships available; click here for careers page.
- FitzWay Paid Internship for Auto. Technicians - lube tech position with a career pathway to a certified dealership technician; compensation starts at $14; see flyer for contact info.