How to Enroll
Please Note: Initial applications have already been received and invitations sent to accepted students for 2021-2022. Links for late applicants are below.
Current 9th grade students who are interested in Cosmetology should apply (Cosmetology is a 3-year program). Current 10th grade students who are interested in programs, other than cosmetology, can apply to up to three programs that they are interested in.
- Be aware that some programs are Regional programs are offered at multiple locations.
- It is an Interest-Based Application and a Lottery-Based Admission Process for Edison Career Readiness Programs.
- Some programs have specific criteria for enrollment: Refer to the program descriptions OR take a look at our 2020-21 TEHST Course Guide. This simple-to-use guide gives information about each program including course descriptions, program highlights, articulation agreements, SSL hours and more!
- When a program is over-enrolled, some students may be placed on a wait list
All Edison programs are 1/2 day programs.
Ready to Attend Edison??
Please Note: Initial applications have already been accepted and invitations sent to applicants. We are currently filling open seats in some programs.
- NOTE: To fill out an Enrollment Form, students MUST be logged into Google using their Google MCPS mcpsmd.net account.
- Student login is their student ID@mcpsmd.net. EX: email@example.com
- If a student does not know or forgot their password, they should contact the Media Specialist at their school
- If a student is not currently an MCPS Student, but will be enrolled for the 2021-22 school year, please call our Main Office at 240-740-2000 for application assistance
Application information can be found on the MCPS High School Special Programs page.
- Application Deadline - November 6, 2020
- Invitations letters mailed - January 2021
- Decision letters due - early February 2021
- April 2021 - Currently accepting applications
- All enrollment information submitted will be maintained in confidence.
- If the number of eligible students exceeds the number of seats available, eligible students may go on to a wait list.
Career Readiness Education Academy (CREA)
If you are an ESOL Resource Teacher, school counselor, or administrator wishing to refer a student to the CREA program, please complete the following form and email to Larissa Amador:
If you are a parent, guardian, or student interested in the CREA program, please contact 240.740.2034.
Si usted es un padre, guardián, o estudiante interesado en el programa de CREA, por favor llame al 240.740.2034.