The Keystone Institute for College and Career Readiness
Thomas Edison High School of Technology is unique among Montgomery County public high schools. Students enrolled in all MCPS comprehensive high schools may apply for enrollment in one of Edison’s eighteen highly acclaimed career and technology education programs.
Students attend Edison every day for three class periods (2 1/4 hours), earn 1 ½ credits per semester, and transportation is provided. In addition to offering valuable professional certifications and licenses, many programs are articulated with colleges and universities for college credit.
Over seventy percent of Edison students plan to attend colleges, universities, and technical schools. Many Edison graduates continue on their same career pathways and/or use their skills to help pay for college expenses. Edison is the perfect choice: students receive all the benefits offered at their comprehensive high schools as well as a valuable Edison capstone experience.
To prepare students to become educated advocates in their chosen careers, by developing soft skills and promoting professionalism, as the keystone for their ongoing educational and career opportunities.
All students will achieve an education that promotes employability, licensures/certifications for industry standards, and academic advancement towards college and career readiness.
School Improvement Plan
Did you know?
- You can jumpstart the career you have always dreamed of while still in high school
- Over 70% of Edison graduates attend college and technical schools
- You can use your skills to earn money for college expenses
- Acquiring marketable skills builds confidence and self-esteem, gives you choices, and opens many doors to success
Edison is a win-win decision!
Consider the many advantages:
- College credit for most Edison classes
- 3 credits per year toward graduation
- Edison career information center
- Edison counseling services
- Internships and on-the-job-training opportunities
- 3 class periods (2 1/4 hours) every day
- Free MCPS transportation
- SkillsUSA membership
- National Technical Honor Society
In-Person Bell Schedule
- 7:55 am - Warning Bell
- 8:00 am - AM Session Begins
- 10:15 am - AM Session Ends
- 11:30 am - Warning Bell
- 11:35 am - PM Session Begins
- 1:50 pm - PM Session Ends
- Delayed Opening - No AM Session at TEHST. PM Session operates 12:05pm - 1:50pm.
- Early dismissal - AM Session meets as usual. PM Session is canceled.
|AM Schools to Edison||PM schools to Edison|