Becoming a Volunteer in MCPS
Becoming A Volunteer in MCPS
For parents of MCPS students who wish to become a volunteer, you must complete two steps before you can sign up for any volunteer opportunities. You can complete these steps by logging into MCPS ParentVUE. Please see the Ashburton Volunteer Meeting Presentation for a step-by-step view on how to complete these two steps.
- Step 1: Complete the Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect (RRCAN) module.
- Step 2: Complete the COVID-19 Vaccination Attestation and upload one of the following documents:
- State Department of Health Certificate of COVID Vaccination (DC, VA, WV)
- Vaccination verification provided by the volunteer's health insurance provider
- A letter from a primary care physician attesting to your vaccine status
- Please note: a vaccination card cannot be used for this attestation.
Once you have completed these two steps, you are eligible to volunteer in MCPS! For more information about how to complete these steps, please review the following resources:
- Ashburton Volunteer Orientation Meeting Recording
- Ashburton Volunteer Orientation Meeting Presentation
- MCPS ParentVUE Volunteer User Guide
Ashburton Lunch and Recess Volunteers: https://bit.ly/AESLunchRecessVolunteer
Join us for a lunch and recess shift and volunteer to support your child and all of our students at that grade-level! Use the link above to sign up and please be sure to review the Ashburton Volunteer Orientation presentation for more information about lunch and recess volunteering! All volunteers must have completed the steps outlined above.