The Parent Teacher Student Association
The PTSA is an organization of parents, teachers, and students that work together to support the Ridgeview community.
2020-2021 PTSA Board:
Jess Berrellez (President), Stacy Kravitz (VP Volunteers), Christina Malinowski (VP Membership), Alli Macken (Secretary), Nabila Nayyar (Treasurer), Lisa Cline (Delegate 1), and Meredith Salita (Delegate 2)
Keeping Up With What’s Happening: Join the PTSA!
Flyer A to Z Connect/Follecto de A to Z Connect
Dates to Remember-Click here for links & details on all of these events!
PTSA Ongoing Fundraiser Bobcat Spirit Yard Sign Sale & Delivery
Sign-up to purchase a sign (or two!) and have it delivered to your home. Complete this information & PayPal to pay $6/sign, or $10 will cover your sign and donation of a sign to a teacher. PayPal Link
THIS WEEK: Virtual Book Fair- Monday, November 9th
THIS WEEK: RMS PTSA Meeting- Tuesday, November 10th at 6:30pm
SAVE THE DATE: MOD Pizza Take-Out and Delivery Fundraiser-
Sunday, November 15, 2020 from 10:30am-9:00pm
Join the RMS PTSA Google Group to receive the Weekly Bobcat Brief email newsletter. Search the Google Group page for RMS PTSA and submit a request to join or email Secretary Alli Macken at email@example.com to be added directly.
Click here to like and follow the RMS PTSA page on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RidgeviewMiddleSchoolPTSA
Follow us on Twitter @ptsa_rms
Follow us on Instagram @rms_ptsa
English/Spanish What’s App Group
Click here to join a bilingual English/Spanish What’s App Group to receive information about food and community resources during COVID-19: https://chat.whatsapp.com/KyUd3HLRq7W120FeE4cuMz
Membership and Volunteer Updates & Instructions!
Membership Registration Now Open
Registration is now available online through A to Z Connect. We’ve switched to virtual registration since we’re not physically at school. Click on this link to sign-up: (www.atozconnect.com), and select Ridgeview Middle School. You’ll register from there and submit payment via PayPal. Email Christina Malinowski with membership questions or for scholarship information.
Actualizaciones de membresía y voluntarios
Registro de membresía ahora abierto. El registro ahora está disponible en línea a través de A to Z Connect. Hemos cambiado al registro virtual porque no estamos físicamente en la escuela. Haga clic en el enlace para inscribirse:
(www.atozconnect.com) y seleccione Ridgeview Middle School. Se registrará desde allí y enviará el pago a través de PayPal. Envíe un correo electrónico a Christina Malinowski con preguntas sobre la afiliación o para pedir una beca.
Se necesitan voluntarios para llenar las vacantes del presidente del comité
Se necesitan voluntarios para llenar las siguientes vacantes de Coordinador de Comité: Recaudación de fondos, Promociones comerciales, Escuela verde y Noche internacional. Envíe un correo electrónico a Stacy Kravtiz a para obtener más información sobre las vacantes de Presidente del Comité.
Weekly Bilingual Youth Circle/Círculo Juvenil Virtual
Providing a space for teens to discuss important themes, building self-confidence, and establishing community! Proporcionar un espacio para los adolescentes para discutir temas importantes, constuir la confianza en si mismo y establecer la comunidad bilingue.
Gift Card Campaign to Help Families in Need (English and Spanish)
The COVID-19 pandemic has deeply impacted many families in Montgomery County. The MCPS Educational Foundation, Inc.; the Montgomery County Council of Parent Teacher Association, Inc.’s volunteer network; and MCPS are asking the community to support the Families Helping Families campaign. Grocery gift cards will be purchased with funds donated to the MCPS Educational Foundation, Inc.’s Crisis Relief Fund—COVID-19. Learn more about how to donate here.
Campaña de tarjetas de regalo para ayudar a las familias necesitadas
La pandemia de COVID-19 ha afectado profundamente a muchas familias en el Condado de Montgomery. La Fundación Educativa de MCPS, Inc. (MCPS Educational Foundation, Inc.), la Red de Voluntarios del Concejo de Asociaciones de Padres y Maestros del Condado de Montgomery, Inc. (Montgomery County Council of Parent-Teacher Association, Inc.) y MCPS piden a la comunidad que apoye la campaña Familias Ayudando a Familias. Se comprarán tarjetas de regalo para comestibles con los fondos donados al fondo de ayuda para crisis de la Fundación Educativa de MCPS, Inc.—COVID-19. Obtenga más información sobre cómo donar aquí.
Equity Hubs Open to MCPS Students (English and Spanish)
The Children’s Opportunity Fund and the Black and Brown Coalition for Educational Equity and Excellence are coordinating low-cost child care and distance learning support for MCPS students at facilities across the county. Priority is given to low-income, kindergarten through Grade 5 students, and students needing additional assistance with virtual learning. Learn more at EquityHubs.org or by telephone at 240-200-4999.
Centros de equidad (Equity Hubs) abiertos a los estudiantes de MCPS
El Fondo de Oportunidades para Niños (Children’s Opportunity Fund) y la Coalición para la Equidad y Excelencia Educativa para Personas de Raza Negra y Morena (Black and Brown Coalition for Educational Equity and Excellence) están coordinando cuidado infantil de bajo costo y apoyo al aprendizaje a distancia para estudiantes de MCPS en instalaciones de todo el condado. Se da prioridad a los alumnos de Kindergarten al Grado 5 de bajos ingresos y a los estudiantes que necesitan ayuda adicional con el aprendizaje virtual. Conozca más en EquityHubs.org o por teléfono, llamando al 240-200-4999.
Parent Academy Launches To-Go Virtual Webinars
Families and students can stay engaged throughout the school year with Parent Academy TO GO. Parent Academy TO GO is a series of virtual webinars for families to watch at home. September and October webinars are listed on the Parent Academy website.
Student-Led Free Tutoring Available to High Schoolers
Do you know a high school student needing help with science, English, social studies, or a world language this school year?
Youth Creating Change (YCC) has restarted its tutoring program. The free program is open to all high school students; the tutors are student leaders who are hosting weekly Zoom meetings. Students can see the schedule and sign up here. YCC is partnering with Pineapple Tutoring, which is affiliated with the Montgomery County Region (Maryland Association of Student Councils) Student Government Association.
Naviance Moves to Google Single Sign-On
Now students and staff have an easier way to sign in to Naviance, a web-based program that supports middle and high school students in exploring and developing post-secondary plans.
Naviance is moving to a Google Single Sign-On that will allow students and staff to access the platform through their MCPS Google accounts. They will no longer need to use a separate username and password. All users will have access to Naviance via their Google Waffle, which is located in the top right-hand corner of the Chrome browser. Students can also continue to access Naviance through their student log-in page.
Naviance always is available to middle and high school students and they are encouraged to access it during virtual learning to explore colleges and careers, as well as participate in academic planning.
- To support and speak on behalf of children and youth in the schools, in the community and before governmental bodies and other organizations that make decisions affecting child
- To assist parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect their children
- To encourage parent and public involvement in the public schools of this nation
- To promote the welfare of the children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship
- To raise the standards of home life
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education
Deposit and Disbursement Forms
Process- Coming Soon!
RMS Google Group
Join the RMS PTSA Google Group by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org from the email you’d like to be added to the list; or you can search the Google Group page for RMS PTSA and request to join.
Your membership makes a difference. To your child. To your school.
To every child. And, to you.
- PTSA membership shows your child that school matters. Decades worth of research show that when parents are involved, students perform better in school. That alone is worth the price of PTA dues!
- Through the PTSA you can meet other parents, your children’s classmates, and the leadership and staff of your school. You will make new friends, finding other parents who share your interests, passions, and concerns.
- Share your culture through the PTSA. PTSAs in Montgomery County benefit from the richness of our local community. Our children benefit from the exposure to the wealth of cultures that make up our local communities. And parents who are bilingual or multilingual are a wonderful resource to our diverse community.
- Ridgeview PTSA organizes a variety of events and activities for students and families, celebrates staff, educates parents, and often raises funds to enrich your child’s educational experience. Your membership supports these events, even if you do not have time to volunteer yourself.
- The PTSA is your voice at Ridgeview, in Montgomery County Public Schools, and beyond. PTSA membership gives you a say in what happens at your school and is a factor in decisions made countywide. Be heard.
- As a PTSA member, you stand together with the broader community before the Board of Education and the Montgomery County Council, and our numbers—MCCPTA had about 50,000 members last year and we hope to grow to 75,000—give strength to our positions. MCCPTA has a voice in everything from school construction to safety concerns to report card grading standards. You want to be heard? Join the Ridgeview PTSA.
Please join Ridgeview PTSA; you will become part of our school, MCCPTA, Maryland PTA, and National PTA. You, your child, and every member of our community benefit. Your membership matters.