The Parent Teacher Student Association
The PTSA is an organization of parents, teachers, and students that work together to support the Ridgeview community.
2021-2022 PTSA Board:
Christina Malinowski – President - email@example.com
Ujala Tajammul – VP Volunteers - RMSPTSAVPVolunteers@gmail.com
Vacant - VP Membership - firstname.lastname@example.org
Alpita Popat – Secretary - email@example.com
Meredith Salita – Delegate 1 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Amanda Mettler – Delegate 2 - email@example.com
Keeping Up With What’s Happening: Join the PTSA!
Flyer A to Z Connect/Follecto de A to Z Connect
View the weekly Bobcat Brief, linked on the homepage, for further details and links.
Join the RMS PTSA Google Group to receive the Weekly Bobcat Brief email newsletter. Search the Google Group page for RMS PTSA and submit a request to join or email Secretary Alpita Popat to be added directly.
Click here to like and follow the RMS PTSA page on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RidgeviewMiddleSchoolPTSA
Follow us on Twitter @ptsa_rms
Follow us on Instagram @rms_ptsa
English/Spanish What’s App Group
Click here to join a bilingual English/Spanish What’s App Group to receive information about food and community resources during COVID-19: https://chat.whatsapp.com/KyUd3HLRq7W120FeE4cuMz
Membership and Volunteer Updates & Instructions!
Membership Registration Now Open
Registration is now available online through A to Z Connect. We’ve switched to virtual registration since we’re not physically at school. Click on this link to sign-up, and select Ridgeview Middle School. You’ll register from there and submit payment via PayPal.
Actualizaciones de membresía y voluntarios
Registro de membresía ahora abierto. El registro ahora está disponible en línea a través de A to Z Connect. Hemos cambiado al registro virtual porque no estamos físicamente en la escuela. Haga clic en el enlace para inscribirse y seleccione Ridgeview Middle School. Se registrará desde allí y enviará el pago a través de PayPal.
- To support and speak on behalf of children and youth in the schools, in the community and before governmental bodies and other organizations that make decisions affecting child
- To assist parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect their children
- To encourage parent and public involvement in the public schools of this nation
- To promote the welfare of the children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship
- To raise the standards of home life
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education
Deposit and Disbursement Forms
RMS Google Group
Join the RMS PTSA Google Group by sending an email to PTSA secretary be added to the list; or you can search the Google Group page for RMS PTSA and request to join.
Your membership makes a difference. To your child. To your school.
To every child. And, to you.
- PTSA membership shows your child that school matters. Decades worth of research show that when parents are involved, students perform better in school. That alone is worth the price of PTA dues!
- Through the PTSA you can meet other parents, your children’s classmates, and the leadership and staff of your school. You will make new friends, finding other parents who share your interests, passions, and concerns.
- Share your culture through the PTSA. PTSAs in Montgomery County benefit from the richness of our local community. Our children benefit from the exposure to the wealth of cultures that make up our local communities. And parents who are bilingual or multilingual are a wonderful resource to our diverse community.
- Ridgeview PTSA organizes a variety of events and activities for students and families, celebrates staff, educates parents, and often raises funds to enrich your child’s educational experience. Your membership supports these events, even if you do not have time to volunteer yourself.
- The PTSA is your voice at Ridgeview, in Montgomery County Public Schools, and beyond. PTSA membership gives you a say in what happens at your school and is a factor in decisions made countywide. Be heard.
- As a PTSA member, you stand together with the broader community before the Board of Education and the Montgomery County Council, and our numbers—MCCPTA had about 50,000 members last year and we hope to grow to 75,000—give strength to our positions. MCCPTA has a voice in everything from school construction to safety concerns to report card grading standards. You want to be heard? Join the Ridgeview PTSA.
Please join Ridgeview PTSA; you will become part of our school, MCCPTA, Maryland PTA, and National PTA. You, your child, and every member of our community benefit. Your membership matters.