The Parent Teacher Student Association
The PTSA is an organization of parents, teachers, and students that work together to support the Ridgeview community.
Please join us for a info-packed meeting on Tuesday December 13th at 7pm in the RMS Media Center. Mr. Garcia will give an update, Ms. Satchell will speak briefly about how Team Leaders are focusing on Academic risk-taking and how caregivers can support their students, and Mrs. Lisa Cline will be joining us, an RMS alum-parent and local pioneer in making technology safe for kids and teens. Her talk about the dangers of social media is informative, intense and not to be missed! Unfortunately, we are NOT inviting our students to this PTSA Meeting as Ms. Cline's talk contains some sensitive information that she prefers to share directly with adult caregivers. We will resume our inclusion of our students (in exchange of SSL hours) at the next meeting. _________________________________________________
2022-2023 PTSA Board:
PTSA Board Members 2022-2023
PTSA 2022-2023 Meeting Minutes
Keep Up With What’s Happening @ RMS: Join the PTSA!
How to Join PTSA:
1. Click here
2. Login or create a login/account info
3. Verify your contact details and your directory preferences.
4. Select your Membership Level & Pay via PayPal.
Your membership makes a difference. To your child. To your school.
To every child. And, to you.
Join the RMS PTSA Google Group!
Send an email to PTSA secretary be added to the list; or you can search the Google Group page for RMS PTSA and request to join.
Click here to like and follow the RMS PTSA page on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RidgeviewMiddleSchoolPTSA
Follow us on Twitter @ptsa_rms
Follow us on Instagram @rms_ptsa
English/Spanish What’s App Group
Click here to join a bilingual English/Spanish What’s App Group to receive information about food and community resources during COVID-19: https://chat.whatsapp.com/KyUd3HLRq7W120FeE4cuMz
Actualizaciones de membresía y voluntarios
Registro de membresía ahora abierto. El registro ahora está disponible en línea a través de A to Z Connect. Hemos cambiado al registro virtual porque no estamos físicamente en la escuela. Haga clic en el enlace para inscribirse y seleccione Ridgeview Middle School. Se registrará desde allí y enviará el pago a través de PayPal.
- To support and speak on behalf of children and youth in the schools, in the community and before governmental bodies and other organizations that make decisions affecting child
- To assist parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect their children
- To encourage parent and public involvement in the public schools of this nation
- To promote the welfare of the children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship
- To raise the standards of home life
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education
Deposit and Disbursement Forms
- PTSA membership shows your child that school matters. Decades worth of research show that when parents are involved, students perform better in school. That alone is worth the price of PTA dues!
- Through the PTSA you can meet other parents, your children’s classmates, and the leadership and staff of your school. You will make new friends, finding other parents who share your interests, passions, and concerns.
- Share your culture through the PTSA. PTSAs in Montgomery County benefit from the richness of our local community. Our children benefit from the exposure to the wealth of cultures that make up our local communities. And parents who are bilingual or multilingual are a wonderful resource to our diverse community.
- Ridgeview PTSA organizes a variety of events and activities for students and families, celebrates staff, educates parents, and often raises funds to enrich your child’s educational experience. Your membership supports these events, even if you do not have time to volunteer yourself.
- The PTSA is your voice at Ridgeview, in Montgomery County Public Schools, and beyond. PTSA membership gives you a say in what happens at your school and is a factor in decisions made countywide. Be heard.
- As a PTSA member, you stand together with the broader community before the Board of Education and the Montgomery County Council, and our numbers—MCCPTA had about 50,000 members last year and we hope to grow to 75,000—give strength to our positions. MCCPTA has a voice in everything from school construction to safety concerns to report card grading standards. You want to be heard? Join the Ridgeview PTSA.
Please join Ridgeview PTSA; you will become part of our school, MCCPTA, Maryland PTA, and National PTA. You, your child, and every member of our community benefit. Your membership matters.