Home →About Us
ARRIVAL TO SCHOOL
Students may begin to enter the school building at 7:50 a.m. unless they have a pass from a staff member. Car riders are dropped off in the Parent Drop Off and Pick Up Circle which is located in the second parking lot. All students will enter the building through the front door. Students report to their appropriate hallway (sixth grade- sixth grade hall, seventh grade- seventh grade hall, and eighth grade- eighth grade hall). Breakfast is served to all students during the homeroom period. Dismissal is at 3:00 p.m.
Our Shared Mission
The mission of the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Middle School community is a commitment to working together to eliminate the racial predictability of student achievement.
Our Shared Vision
We have a strong belief in the power of education and that all students can achieve academic success which allows us to inspire and guide students to be lifelong academic leaders and thoughtful citizens who are committed to improving themselves, their community, the country, and the world. Our vision is to be the best middle school in the nation at providing an education that helps every student in our community reach their full potential.
Our Shared Core Values
- Respect - Showing consideration and appreciation for ourselves, others, and the environment.
- Responsibility - Being accountable for our actions.
- Integrity - Doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.
Our Shared Core Beliefs
- All students can learn.
- We have high expectations for our students.
- Students learn best through structure and discipline.
- Rigorous instruction and supports are essential to student achievement.
- All students share responsibility for their learning environment.
- The school environment must be safe, nurturing, and respectful.
- The school shares the responsibility with the parents and the community to mold students into respectful, honest, and responsible adults.
- The partnerships among the students, school, parents, and community are essential to academic success.