Welcome to the Magruder High School PEAC Scholars Page!
PEAC Coordinator: Mrs. Virginia Snyder
Resources for current and prospective 8th grade families:
- Class of 2028 Information Meetings
- Flyer with meeting link & application QR code/Folleto con enlace a la reunión y código QR de solicitud
December 5th at 6:30 PMZoom is the leader in modern enterprise video communications, with an easy, reliable cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, chat, and webinars across mobile, desktop, and room systems. Zoom Rooms is the original software-based conference room solution used around the world in board, conference, huddle, and training rooms, as well as executive offices and classrooms. Founded in 2011, Zoom helps businesses and organizations bring their teams together in a frictionless environment to get more done. Zoom is a publicly traded company headquartered in San Jose, CA.mcpsmd.zoom.us
January 10th at 6:00 PM in the Magruder High School auditorium
¿Qué es PEAC? – PEAC Scholars es un grupo de preparación universitaria de cuatro años. Su enfoque está en el aprendizaje independiente y el desarrollo de habilidades sofisticadas de comunicación oral y escrita con énfasis en el pensamiento crítico. ¿Quién es PEAC? Becarios PEAC… Haber demos...docs.google.com
What is the PEAC Scholars program?
PEAC Scholars is an inter-disciplinary, four-year college-preparatory cohort. Its focus is on independent learning and the development of sophisticated written and oral communication skills with an emphasis on critical thinking.
Who is a PEAC Scholar?
- PEAC Scholars...
- have clearly demonstrated potential to develop high-level communication skills.
- are committed to essential learning and academic excellence.
- are capable and willing to face and persevere through academic challenges
- are willing to take responsibility for independent learning and thinking and have the ability to act as self-advocates.
- possess a natural curiosity.
- value organization and time management.
- are able to maintain both the academic and behavioral requirements of the program.
- are able to maintain a 3.5 unweighted GPA through their senior year.
Information for Current PEAC Scholars in Class of 2023, 2024, 2025 and 2026
*Students currently enrolled in private schools who plan on enrolling at Magruder High School for their 9th or 10th grade year need to contact the Coordinator of Academy Programs, Mrs. Virginia Snyder.
MCPS prohibits illegal discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, ancestry, national origin, marital status, socioeconomic status, age, disability, physical characteristics, or sexual orientation. Inquiries or complaints regarding discrimination or Title IX issues such as gender equity and sexual harassment should be directed to the Office of the Deputy Superintendent of Schools at 301-279-3126, via the Maryland Relay at 1-800-735-2258, or addressed to that office at 850 Hungerford Drive, Room 129, Rockville, MD 20850.