Parent Technical Support Email:
Welcome to the Magruder High School PEAC Scholars Page!
PEAC Coordinator: Mrs. Virginia Snyder
What is the PEAC Scholars program?
PEAC Scholars is an inter-disciplinary, four-year college-preparatory cohort. Its focus is on independent learning and the development of sophisticated written and oral communication skills with an emphasis on critical thinking.
Who is a PEAC Scholar?
- PEAC Scholars...
- have clearly demonstrated potential to develop high-level communication skills.
- are committed to essential learning and academic excellence.
- are capable and willing to face and persevere through academic challenges
- are willing to take responsibility for independent learning and thinking and have the ability to act as self-advocates.
- possess a natural curiosity.
- value organization and time management.
- are able to maintain both the academic and behavioral requirements of the program.
- are able to maintain a 3.5 unweighted GPA through their senior year.
Resources for current and prospective PEAC Scholars
Application Resources for Class of 2025
Any 9th grade students interested in applying to the PEAC Scholars program must submit the online application linked below. The application will be available 12/13 and will close at midnight on 12/19. Class of 2025 PEAC Scholars Application
Application Resources for the Class of 2026
PEAC Application for 8th Grade Students open January 17-28, 2022 : bit.ly/PEACApp2026
Information for Current PEAC Scholars in Class of 2022, 2023, 2024 and 2025
*Students currently enrolled in private schools who plan on enrolling at Magruder High School for their 9th or 10th grade year need to contact the Coordinator of Academy Programs, Mrs. Virginia Snyder.
MCPS prohibits illegal discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, ancestry, national origin, marital status, socioeconomic status, age, disability, physical characteristics, or sexual orientation. Inquiries or complaints regarding discrimination or Title IX issues such as gender equity and sexual harassment should be directed to the Office of the Deputy Superintendent of Schools at 301-279-3126, via the Maryland Relay at 1-800-735-2258, or addressed to that office at 850 Hungerford Drive, Room 129, Rockville, MD 20850.