MCPS Athletics Safety Plan
Dear Magruder Community,
On 9/21, MCPS and MCPS Athletics announced a new tier system for all athletic events that will begin on 9/23 and will be used moving forward. Below contains important information regarding events at Magruder High School.
Here is the PDF showing the Tiers and the guidelines for each Tier.
As of right now all of our home and away events are considered Tier 1 events. If there are changes to this for all events or individual events that will be communicated either by the school directly or by the individual coach of that sport.
What does a Tier 1 event look like under these new guidelines?
- Students of the participating schools will be allowed to attend with a valid ticket and by presenting their student ID or Synergy verification of their schedule. Spectators need to understand this may cause delays into the event.
- All other school-aged spectators (ES and MS) must be accompanied by an adult chaperone. Adult chaperones must stay and supervise students for the duration of their stay at the game.
- Students and spectators must sit in the stands AT ALL TIMES, except for when using bathroom, in line or purchasing something at the concession stand, or leaving the stadium.
- NO-REENTRY into any event.
- Backpacks are NOT ALLOWED. We will also not have a spot for them inside the stadium and will not be responsible for them being unattended.
- Suspensions and removal for unruly behavior.
- Only authorized personnel on the track/field at any time. This means only student-athletes, coaches, managers, game management staff, officials and only pre-authorized photographers and media personnel.
We appreciate everyone's support, understanding and flexibility with these changes as all of us in MCPS and Magruder want the best for our student-athletes while keeping the safety of them, the coaches and our fans our number 1 priority.
We look forward to seeing you at our upcoming games as you cheer on the Colonels!