Volunteer Training Information
MCPS is requiring all volunteers to complete the online FY22-23 Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse & Neglect Training. This includes the new COVID-19 Vaccination Attestation module, which includes uploading a copy of your COVID vaccination card. You will need to access your personal ParentVUE account in order to take the online training. The training will take about 20-30 minutes to complete and it is recommended to do this on a laptop or office computer via Chrome or Safari.
- Login to: Your ParentVUE account
- Go to the “Parent Resources” tab
- Navigate to “myMCPS Classroom”
- Click on the “Resources” folder
- Click the link for “Volunteer Training”
- Enroll, go to, and complete the training course.
If you do not have a ParentVue account, you will need to activate your ParentVUE account. If you need an activation letter to create a ParentVUE account, please call the Kingsview MS main office at 240-740-7130. This letter has a unique key assigned to you that will allow you to create an account that is linked to all of your children in MCPS. If you have forgotten your username and password, please contact Mr. Jason Godfroy, media specialist, at Jason_C_Godfroy@mcpsmd.org.
Please email proof of FY22-23 Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse & Neglect Training completion to the teacher in charge of the event/field trip.
- Online Recognizing Child Abuse and Neglect Training (Gradesheet will show 100% for successful completion)
- COVID-19 Vaccination Attestation (Gradesheet will show 83.3% for successful completion)
- Fingerprinting/Background check (only if the volunteer is working alone with students without supervision of an MCPS staff member or other type of volunteer service, per the Volunteers Regulation)
For more information, please visit the MCPS website: https://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/departments/student-leadership/volunteer.aspx