Welcome to Pre-K!
Ms. Stone, Mrs. Williams, and Ms. Kilgore
Children do a great deal of playing in the Prekindergarten program.Play is the work of small children; this is the way they learn.As each child prepares for success in kindergarten, he/she will do the following:
• Develop small and large muscles
• Listen to stories and look at books
• Paint, draw, and create
• Explore science materials
• Play house and act out stories and songs
• Listen, dance, sing, and make music
• Work puzzles and play games
• Recognize names, colors, and numbers
• Learn to share and cooperate
Prekindergarten promotes children’s emotional, intellectual, social, and physical growth.
For more information, please visit the Division of Early Childhood Programs and Services
ONLY IN PRE-K
Never a Dull Moment in Pre-K!
Click on either picture above to catch a glimpse of life in Pre-K.
The slide shows were created by Ms. Fitzgerald (with a little hlp from Mrs. Reineke), and by Ms. Kalinock!