Linkages to Learning
Linkages to Learning:
A Collaborative School-based Partnership among the Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services, Montgomery County Public Schools, Public and Private Agencies, Families and Communities
To improve the well-being of children and their families through a collaborative delivery of school-based services that address the social, economic, health, and emotional issues that may interfere with the academic success of a child.
Success for Every Student
Health for Students and Families
Self-Sufficient Students and Families
School Services Offered in the School
Mental Health Services:
- Mental health assessment
- Individual/group counseling for children, parents and families
- Psycho-educational/skills/counseling groups for students
- Consultation with school staff and other agencies
- Assistance obtaining school supplies, food, clothing, furniture, etc.
- Facilitating information/linkages to legal, immigration, medical, dental, employment and other services.
- Assistance accessing day care and recreational program such as sports and summer camps
- Educational opportunities for parents at conferences, workshops, trainings and parent meetings.
- Orientation about child development, children educational development, navigating the school system, health prevention, school and community resources.
- Special after school programs such as sports and summer camps.
- Assistance with locating tutoring and or/mentoring services for students.
Gabriela Verduguez – Family Case Manager (240) 740-0302
Meaghan Auchincloss – Family and Child School Therapist (240) 740-0301
Madeleine Melgar – Community School Coordinator (240) 740 -0301