8th Grade Promotion & Activities Information
Tickets for Gr. 8 Promotion Ceremony
The Silver Creek Middle School (SCMS) Promotion Ceremony will take place on Monday, June 12th from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at SCMS outside on the bus loop. We are excited to celebrate and promote all 8th grade students during this special ceremony. Space is limited; therefore each student will receive two (2) promotion tickets for their family. This also includes siblings (ex: one family with two children in 8th grade will get a total of 4 tickets.). Whether you are attending promotion or not, please complete this Google form by Friday, May 26th so we can plan accordingly.
You may request up to two (2) additional tickets for your child, if available. Please complete this Google form to let us know whether you need additional tickets. If there are any additional tickets, these will be given to families through a lottery process. For questions, please contact Mrs. Heidler, Gr.8 Administrator at Kimberly_P_Heidler@mcpsmd.org.
The 8th Gr. Panaromic Picture Can Now Be Ordered!
All orders using the link below will direct ship to a home address entered at checkout. There is FREE shipping until 5/24/2023.
- Please use your student ID as your online code
For questions or about ordering, please contact Victor O'Neill Studio: email@example.com
Important Dates to Remember:
- Friday, June 9th- Promotion Practice. Parents, please ensure your child attends school on this Friday so they are able to participate in the practice for our 8th Grade Promotion Ceremony. Locker Clean-out for 8th Graders will also occur on this day.
- Monday, June 12th- 8th Grade Promotion Ceremony, 6:30 - 8:00 PM, outdoors in the Silver Creek bus loop.
- Tuesday, June 13th- Rain Date for the 8th Grade Promotion Ceremony. (Note:If it also rains on June 13th, the Promotion Ceremony will proceed indoors in the SCMS main gym.)
- Wednesday, June 14th-
8th Grade End of Year Trip to Six Flags, 9:30 AM - 6:00 PM
If you have questions, please contact:
- Mrs. Heidler,8th Grade Administrator at Kimberly_P_Heidler@mcpsmd.org
- Ms. Dinger, 8th Grade Team Leader at Lorelei.Dinger@mcpsmd.net.