Silver Creek Middle School PTSA
The Silver Creek Middle School PTSA is a non-profit organization whose main goal is to promote the collaboration and engagement of families and the school community in the education of our children. The PTSA does this through:
- Communication – helping to inform and educate our school community on important issues affecting the educational needs of our children.
- Community Building – creating an atmosphere of inclusiveness so all families and students have opportunities for participation.
- Educational Support – for students, teachers/staff, and parents.
We welcome your membership and active involvement!
PTSA Welcome Packet
- PTSA membership form (English) (Spanish)
- Volunteer for Student Enrichment, Translation Services, Fundraising, Community Building & Social Events.
- The PTSA Back to School Checklist (English) (Spanish)
- Form to make a donation (English) (Spanish)
- Directory Form (English) (Spanish)
The SCMS listserv is our best tool for communicating with parents. We strongly encourage everyone to subscribe. To participate in and be informed of what's going on in the Silver Creek community, join the listserve by emailing email@example.com or email our moderator directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your affiliation with Silver Creek (i.e., my son Sam is in the 6th grade), as this is a closed group.
Join the PTSA
To join, you can register online at https://scms.new.memberhub.sto
Your financial support to the Husky Fund provides programming and assistance to support our children's educational experience. This year our priority is to get the school ready for reopening for the second half of the year, with hand sanitizing stations, sneeze guards, and masks. We also have on-going programs like No Place for Hate, Community Support, and Professional Development.
The Silver Creek Cares Program works with SCMS administration to identify the needs of SCMS families. Some of the SCMS Cares initiatives include maintaining the SCMS Cares food pantry, organizing Thanksgiving dinner care packages, collecting donations for the Husky Paws Holiday gift program, and addressing computer, backpack, and other school supply needs for our students.
Donations may be made through the link, pay4schoolstuff where you can pay by credit card online. Or via the donation form for the Husky Fund.
A lot of hands are needed to help make this a great year at SCMS! To sign up, please visit the Volunteer Hub at: www.tinyurl.com/SCMSvolunteers
Silver Creek Rewards
Are you part of a loyalty program? If so, you can link your account to earn money for Silver Creek Middle School for the 2020-2021 school year. Here's how:
- Harris Teeter: Let the cashier know (during check-out) that you’d like to link Silver Creek Middle School’s account number (# 4424) to your Harris Teeter VIC card OR visit www.harristeeter.com to link your VIC card online. Once the account number is linked, every time you shop during the program, 5% of your Harris Teeter brand purchases will be contributed by Harris Teeter to our PTSA.
- Box Tops: The Box Tops program is going digital! Full details are available on the Box Tops website at www.boxtops4education.
com/. To earn money for Silver Creek, just download the Box Tops app, create an account and choose Silver Creek as your school. Then, every time you shop, look for products with the Box Tops logo and scan your receipt. Your Box Tops will be credited automatically to support SCMS! Each Box Top is worth 10 cents - they add up quickly, so your participation makes a big difference for SCMS! Traditional Box Tops clips are being phased out but may continue to be found on products. You can still clip and send them to school. If you have a stash of them in your drawer, don't throw them out! Instead, once we are back into the building, you can send them into school and they will be submitted by mail.
Silver Creek Green Initiatives
The Green Club (for students) and the Green Committee (sponsored by the PTSA) care about making Silver Creek an environmentally friendly school through programs, such as: Cartridges for Kids, Clothing to Cash, Community Clean Up Days, Composting at home, in addition to other activities.
Click here to learn more.
The PTSA funds a range of programs for Silver Creek Middle School, including the following:
* Tutoring/Mentoring Program * Cultural Arts Program * Professional Staff Development * Supplies for Classrooms * Technology Purchases
* International Night * Back-to-School Night * Principal Coffees * Silver Creek Cares * Silver Creek Clean Up * Teacher Appreciation Week
* Courtyard/Outdoor Classroom Project * After School Clubs * Dances and Socials * Field Trip Scholarships
Silver Creek PTSA Officers & Committee Members 2020-2021
Click here for PTSA deposit-expense form