Silver Creek Middle School PTSA
The Silver Creek Middle School PTSA is a non-profit organization whose main goal is to promote the collaboration and engagement of families and the school community in the education of our children. The PTSA does this through:
- Communication – helping to inform and educate our school community on important issues affecting the educational needs of our children.
- Community Building – creating an atmosphere of inclusiveness so all families and students have opportunities for participation.
- Educational Support – for students, teachers/staff, and parents.
We welcome your membership and active involvement!
PTSA Welcome Packet
Dr. Awkard, Principal's Welcome Letter in English and Español.
2022-2023 PTSA's Back-to-School Packet:
- Welcome back to school from the PTSA! (English) (Español) (Amharic)
- Important Dates to Remember: (English) (Español)
- The PTSA Back to School Checklist (English) (Español)
- School Directory Form (English) (Español)
- Join the PTSA! (English) (Español)
- PTSA membership form (English) (Español)
- Form to make a donation (English) (Español)
- Volunteer for Student Enrichment, Translation Services, Fundraising, Community Building & Social Events.
The SCMS listserv is our best tool for communicating with parents. We strongly encourage everyone to subscribe. To participate in and be informed of what's going on in the Silver Creek community, join the listserve by emailing email@example.com or email our moderator directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your affiliation with Silver Creek (i.e., my son Sam is in the 6th grade), as this is a closed group.
Please review and follow our Acceptable Use Guidelines.
Join the PTSA
To join, you can register online at https://scms.new.memberhub.sto
Your financial support to the Husky Fund provides programming and assistance to support our children's educational experience. We also have on-going programs like No Place for Hate, Community Support, and Professional Development.
The Silver Creek Cares Program works with SCMS administration to identify the needs of SCMS families. Some of the SCMS Cares initiatives include maintaining the SCMS Cares food pantry or organizing Thanksgiving dinner care packages.
Donations may be made through the link, pay4schoolstuff where you can pay by credit card online. Or via the donation form for the Husky Fund.
A lot of hands are needed to help make this a great year at SCMS! To sign up, please visit the Volunteer Hub at: www.tinyurl.com/SCMSvolunteers
Silver Creek Rewards
Are you part of a loyalty program? If so, you can link your account to earn money for Silver Creek Middle School for the 2021-2022 school year. Here's how:
Amazon Smile: NEW PROCEDURE THIS YEAR. You must register for the school to receive funds. When shopping on Amazon from your computer, log in at smile.amazon.com. On your mobile device Amazon app, find Smile in the settings. Select the Silver Creek Middle School PTSA as the charity. You will need to search for "PTA Maryland Congress of Parents & Teachers Kensington." Be sure to include Kensington in your search as there are a number of "PTA Maryland Congress of Parents & Teachers" listed. We are the only one in Kensington. On your app, the PTSA now earns money anytime you order. On your computer, bookmark and shop at smile.amazon.com. Amazon will donate 0.5% of all purchases to our PTSA.
Harris Teeter: Let the cashier know (during check-out) that you’d like to link Silver Creek Middle School’s account number (# 4424) to your Harris Teeter VIC card OR visit www.harristeeter.com to link your VIC card online. Once the account number is linked, every time you shop during the program, 5% of your Harris Teeter brand purchases will be contributed by Harris Teeter to our PTSA.
Box Tops: The Box Tops program has gone digital!
Email your receipts: Visit www.boxtops4education.com/ and register for an account. Select Silver Creek Middle School (zip code 20895) when you register. After shopping for groceries online, forward your receipt to email@example.com.
Scan your receipts: Download the BOX TOP$ for Education App. Select Silver Creek Middle School (zip code 20895) when you register. Look for the BOX TOP$ logo when shopping. Scan your grocery receipts within 14 days of purchasing. What you scan does not need to include the total and does not need to include payment information.
Coca-Cola Brands: Visit https://us.coca-cola.com/give/ on your computer or mobile device. Search for Silver Creek Middle School (use the one with zip code 20895). Enter the code into the box and submit OR from your mobile device scan the code and submit. Our PTSA earns a donation with each code that is submitted.
Silver Creek Green Initiatives
The Green Club (for students) and the Green Committee (sponsored by the PTSA) care about making Silver Creek an environmentally friendly school through programs, such as: Cartridges for Kids, Clothing to Cash, Community Clean Up Days, Composting at home, in addition to other activities.
Click here to learn more.
The PTSA funds a range of programs for Silver Creek Middle School, including the following:
* Tutoring/Mentoring Program * Cultural Arts Program * Professional Staff Development * Supplies for Classrooms * Technology Purchases
* International Night * Back-to-School Night * Principal Coffees * Silver Creek Cares * Silver Creek Clean Up * Teacher Appreciation Week
* Courtyard/Outdoor Classroom Project * After School Clubs * Dances and Socials * Field Trip Scholarships
Silver Creek PTSA Officers & Committee Members 2022-2023
- Please contact PTSASilverCreek at gmail.com for information about Our PTSA Officers and Committee Members
- Our PTSA Standing Committee Objectives
- Our PTSA Bylaws and amendment
Click here for PTSA deposit-expense form