Pine Crest History
|1878||A man named George N. Beale bought the land where the school is now.|
|1940||A location was picked for a new school called South Four Corners. It was on St. Lawrence Drive (formerly called Mathew Street)|
|1941||The land for the school was purchased and building began.|
|1942||South Four Corners Elementary School opened. It was for Kindergarten to 3rd Grade.
Another school called North Four Corners also opened with 4th to 6th Grade. Together, the schools had 220 students- and they were already crowded.
|1947||More rooms were added to the building.|
|1948||The name of South Four Corners was changed to Pine Crest Elementary. Now it had grades K-6. The land by the school was like a park with Pine trees and a stream running through it.|
|1954||The blacktop was first put in.|
|1963||A library and an office were added to the building.|
|1976||Pine Crest became a paired school with Montgomery Knolls. Pine Crest had grades 3-6.|
|1991||Pine Crest was housed at Northwood. Renovations were made to the building.|
|1992||Pine Crest students went back to the "new" modernized building.|
Compiled by the PCES Webmasters Club