Parent Technical Support Email:
Virtual Author Assembly with Rita Lorraine Hubbard
Award winning author Rita Lorraine Hubbard will virtually visit with MKES first and second-grade students on June 2nd to read her book: The Oldest Student: How Mary Walker Learned To Read and answer questions about being an author
June 6- Field Day (Pre-K, Headstart, PEP, & Kindergarten) 9:00-11:00 a.m.
June 7-Field Day (1st & 2nd grade) 9:00-11:00 a.m.
Students should wear comfortable clothes and sneakers. Please send in a labeled water bottle and apply sunscreen before school.
Kindergarten Registration is OPEN now! Please register as soon as you can!
Families can use the following methods to register:
- Are you new to MCPS? You will need to create a ParentVue account here
- Are you already an MCPS parent/guardian? Follow this link to register online.
- You can use your ParentVUE account to access Online Registration.
- If you don’t have a ParentVUE account, contact your home school and they will provide you with your activation letter.
- Please contact the main office at 240-740-0840 for paper copies of the forms.
MCPS Say Yes To The Test!
One significant mitigation tactic Montgomery County Public Schools will use this fall is random COVID-19 screening tests and rapid testing across grades. MCPS, in partnership with the Maryland Department of Health, is offering COVID tests to students at no cost. Testing requires parent permission so "Say Yes to the Test". (Form found HERE)
- Screening Testing-The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends random asymptomatic COVID-19 testing because it detects and can limit the spread of the virus, even in the absence of visible symptoms.
- Rapid Testing- Staff from the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) will determine that a COVID-19 rapid test should be administered when a student presents to a health room with potential COVID-19 symptoms.
If your child tests positive for COVID-19
2 Hour Delay/Inclement Weather Schedule:
MCPS has asked schools to develop a virtual schedule to implement if we have additional inclement weather days this school year. If MCPSannounces a virtual learning day during inclement weather, students will be instructed via Zoom with their classroom teacher following a 2-hour delay schedule. Classroom teachers will be sending out the necessary Zoom information via Synergy Mail on these days. Our school will be following this schedule (link).
- Bus Riders
- Please find this letter from MCPS transportation attached in English and Spanish.
- Please find the SY21-22 Bus Arrival Routes attached.
- Please find the SY21-22 Bus Dismissal Routes attached.
- Car Riders/Walkers – As a part of our dismissal procedures, you will be assigned a pick-up number to display in the front window of your car on the passenger side. If you are a walker, you must show a sign with your number when picking up your child. This will assist school staff with locating your child and minimize the long lines waiting to pick up students.