Specials → Media Center
Media Staff emails
Sharon Mosley-Ramsey-Media Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org
Melissa J. Liu- Media Assistant, email@example.com
Time for Summer Reading!
Watch the video below to learn about the Montgomery County Public Library's Summer Read and Learn Program!
Media Center Units of Study
Grade 3-Using Destiny, International Night projects, Inventions over Time, Black Eyed Susan Book pen pals, Digital Citizenship
Grade 4- Historical Fiction Inquiry, International Night projects, Communities and Business, Media Messages-Advertising, Digital Citizenship
Grade 5- Sources of Energy, International Night projects, Movements in American History, Narrative Inquiry Book Trailers, The College Process and Careers, Digital Citizenship
We use Common Sense Media resources for units on Digital Citizenship. Students also practice traditional library skills including notetaking, summarizing, citing sources and more recent skills such as evaluating websites. Literature appreciation and book circulation continue to be additional focuses in the weekly Media classes. Hey alright!
The Media Center is open each day from 9:00-4:00. We are also open most days during the lunch/recess hour. We call this time, Open Library, and students are encouraged to visit to read or to "work" on a computer - educational sites only!
All students will have access to Chromebook laptop computers. Students will receive his/her email accounts and passwords during the early days of the school year. We feel fortunate to have access to the GAFE (Google Apps for Education) program and look forward to working with a plethora of apps, websites, and more. Students will also be expected to review and return our Chromebook Expectations Form which details our policy on Chromebook usage.
Student Government AssociationThe focus of the SGA is on community service and school spirit. In the past we have supported A Wider Circle, Rainbow House, The Montgomery Coalition for the Homeless and more. Ms. Queen, grade 4 teacher, is one of the sponsors of the SGA along with Ms. Mosley-Ramsey. We meet on most Thursdays during lunch and/or recess.
See our Media Center!
- Common Sense Media
- Montgomery County Public Library
- MCPS School Library Media Program
- Destiny - The links to our Online Resources are on our Destiny page. Check it out! Remember students, your passwords are in the Google classroom for most of you.
- Code.org- You can learn to code a computer!
- Smithsonian Institution- Links to activities from Museum sites
- National Geographic Kids- fun science related activities
- Scratch Jr. - coding activities
- ABC ya- learning games
- PBS Kids- games and creativity
- Math Learning Center- math activities
- WeVideo- MCPS students can create short videos. Students should use Google account to log in.
- Storyline Online- famous people reading great books aloud