Linkages to Learning at Montgomery Knolls
- Family and Child Therapist: Jessica Migler, Jessica.Migler@ymcadc.org, 240-468-7683.
- Family Case Manager: Roxana Rodriguez, Roxana.Rodriguez@ymcadc.org.
- Community School Coordinator: Sandro Herrera, Sandro.Herrera@ymcadc.org, 240-356-8835.
Linkages to Learning Montgomery County
Linkages to Learning is a school-based collaboration among the Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services, the Montgomery County Public Schools and non-profit, community based service providers. The program provides accessible services to at-risk children and their families to improve adjustment to and performance in school, home, and community. Prevention and early intervention services include health, mental health, social services and educational support.
The Mission: To improve the well-being of children and their families through a collaborative delivery of school-based services that address the social, economic, health, and emotional issues that interfere with the academic success of a child.
Linkages to Learning Services
- Supporting students' adjustment to school
- Counseling individuals, families and groups
- Providing preventive health care and health education
- Providing workshops and classes on issues of parenting, nutrition, ad acculturation
- Assisting with food, utility and housing problems
- Providing translation services for non-English speaking families
- Assisting parents in completing financial and medical assistance forms
- Planning community outreach and prevention programs
- Empowering parents to access the "service system" on their own