- Montgomery County Public Schools requires school volunteers and partnership agencies to complete certain compliance measures in order to volunteer within our school district.
- Online Recognizing Child Abuse and Neglect Training via their myMCPS Classroom/Canvas account
- Background check (dependent upon the type of volunteer service, per the Volunteers regulation and FAQ)
- COVID-19 Vaccination Attestation - NEW!
- Beginning September 20, 2021, volunteers will be required to upload their Certificate of COVID-19 Vaccination to remain on the volunteer roster.
- Please review the Volunteer/Contractor Vaccination Attestation Update for details on this process.
Students and families are financially responsible for intentional or accidental damage of any Chromebook loaned to the student.
There is a $25 replacement cost for lost/damanged chromebook chargers. Payment information can be found here. If you wish to make a cash payment, visit 45 W. Gude, M-TH, 9-12 in the front lobby (entrance by the traffic circle). Show or email your payment receipt to Ms. Schoem to receive a replacement charger.
Chromebook Obligation Payments
Pay online: OSP for Families
*Cash payments will need to be made at 45 Gude Drive in the main lobby. Hours of availability are 9am - 12pm, Monday through Thursday. Hours and staffing is limited so online payments are highly encouraged.
Chromebook Damage Financial Responsibility
Charges for damage.
Synergy ParentVUE has replaced the Parent Portal as the primary home-to-school communication vehicle for schools to share information regarding grades, attendance, scheduling, and more.
Information on accessing ParentVUE can be found here in a slideshow or below.
If families did not receive an email with ParentVUE activation information, they can call 240-740-7020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If parents can only see some children but not all, please complete this form and the MCPS technology office will merge accounts: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc3RJam5Fl3jdbhxmSttrSLB-ybJ3Gwp4sB8dPAwqj1VjmzNg/viewform
To login into ParentVUE visit md-mcps-psv.edupoint.com/
- ParentVUE one-stop document
- Parents_Guardians - Getting Started with ParentVUE.pdf
- ParentVUE Account Activation Support Guide_ Email (1).pdf
- Activación de la cuenta de ParentVUE desde el mensaje de correo electrónico
- ParentVUE Account Activation Support Guide_ Mailer.pdf
- Activación de la cuenta de ParentVUE
- ParentVue Slideshow
- Parent Webinar Series Recordings
- MCPSTV en Español YouTube channel
- Parent Webinar Series Document
Back to School Information
Click here for information on MCAP Early Fall Assessments
Haga clic aquí para obtener información sobre Evaluaciones de principios de otoño
Welcome Back Letter from Mrs. Troffkin
Carta de bienvenida de la Sra. Troffkin
Car Riders/Conductores de automóviles
This year car riders will need a number for dismissal. Please click here for more information and for the form, which will be availalbe at Open House as well.
Los pasajeros en automóvil necesitan un número solo para la salida. Haga clic aquí para obtener más información y el formulario, que también estará disponible en Open House.
School Supply Lists
Click here for information on how to set up MCPS Zoom accounts and join a Zoom meeting.
Haz clic aquí para información sobre cómo a crear cuentas de MCPS Zoom y unir a un reunion de Zoom.
Haga clic aquí para obtener instrucciones sobre cómo acceder a Zoom y myMCPS Canvas
June 2020 GT Indentification Update
Please visit the Accelerated and Enriched Instruction homepage for a Gifted and Talented identification update.
MD State Report Card
Attached is a letter in English and Spanish with information about the 2019 Maryland State Report Card and the performance of our school. We scored a 73.6% on the scoring criteria and earned 4 out of 5 stars. We also were at the 81st percentile of all schools in Maryland. This is a wonderful accomplishment and a testament of the hard work of our staff, the partnership of our families, and the amazing students we support!
- Student Rights and Responsibilties
- MCPS Parents Page
- MCPS Community Page
- MCPS Emergency Information Page- Quick List of Ways to Stay Connected
- MCPS School Calendars
- Parent Academy Workshops
- George B. Thomas, Sr. Learning Academy
- Cybersafety Resources
- Parent Guide to Special Education
- Montgomery County Public Libraries Book Lists
Per MCPS regulations, all volunteers must be trained in recognizing child abuse and neglect prior to volunteering at Barnsley or chaperoning field trips. Prior to volunteering, you must log on to https://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/childabuseandneglect/, complete the training, and bring a printed copy of the confirmation you receive to the main office. If you took this training last year, you do not need to take it this year.
How to Talk to Children About Violence