MCPS Schools will be open 5 Days a Week for In-person learning for the 2021-2022 School Year: Learn more
Return to School
Ask a Question
- Ask Us a Question
- Parent Technical Help Number: 240-740-7020
Arcola's Community Links
The Parent Academy - Parent academy workshop gives parents the tools and strategies they need to help their children be successful in school. All worshops are FREE and are held at schools and locations throughout Montgomery County. Child care and intrepretation services are provided.
Click here for the Parent Academy Brochure scheulde of workshops and registration information.
- Maryland Parental Information Resource Center
- Parent Encouragement Program (PEP)
- Division of Family and Community Partnerships
TITLE 1 INFORMATION
In Montgomery County Public Schools, Title I is one of several grants supervised by the Division of Title I Programs (DTP). This division is a part of the Office of Curriculum and Instructional Program.
The Testing Unit implements a comprehensive program of student assessment including all parts of the state-mandated testing program.
For General County Assistance call 311. This shouls be your first step if you do not know where to turn for help. You will speak to a knowledgeable county resource specialist who will connect you with the right department or assign you a case number to address your concern.
Click here for a great website to try for general resource information.
- Manna Foods: Can be referred once a month for 50-70 pounds of food. Must be referred by school or other organization.
- Food Stamps: Operated by Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services.
Phone: 240-777-4450 or 4034
- WIC: Supplemental nutrition program for women, infants and children.
- SHARE food network: Monthly food co-op program.
Phone: 301-864-3115 or 800-217-4273
- Capital Area Food Bank: The mission of the Capital Area Food Bank is to feed those who suffer from hunger in the Washington metro area by acquiring food and distributing it through its network of partner agencies; and educating, empowering and enlightening the community about the issues of hunger and nutrition.
GAS AND ELECTRIC BILLS
- Maryland Deparment of Human Resources: 800-352-1446
EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE TO ELIGIBLE RESIDENTS FACING CRISES
- Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services Emergency Services
1301 Piccard Drive 8818 Georgia Ave
Second FloorSilver Spring, MD
Rockville, MD 20850
240-777-4550 or -4600
- Midcounty United Ministries
2424 Reedie Dr.
Wheaton, MD 20902
MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES
- Vesta, Inc.
8737 Colesville Road, Suite 700
Silver Spring, MD 20910
- Kensington Wheaton Youth Services
3950 Ferrara Drive
Wheaton, MD 20906
- Gilchrist Center
- The Literacy Council of Montgomery County