National Honor Society
Sponsor: Ms. Polischeck, Ms. Zolkiewicz
The National Honor Society recognizes outstanding students for their academic achievement as well as their achievements in leadership, service, and character.
Invitations to apply for membership are extended to students in 10th or 11th grade based on the following qualifications:
- Achieve and maintain a GPA of at least 3.5
- Possess leadership ability and character qualities.
- Demonstrate service to the Wheaton High School community.
- Gain approval by the Faculty Council.
- Invitations to apply are sent to students early in semester 2.
- Students are required to attend an information meeting prior to applying.
The Selection Process:
The Wheaton High School Faculty Council reads the applications and makes final decisions concerning membership. Students will be notified of their status soon after the decision is made and will be notified of an induction ceremony to be held in the spring.
As a member of the Wheaton High School chapter of the National Honor Society, you must fulfill the following requirements:
- Complete a minimum of 15 hours of NHS-sponsored service per semester beginning with the Fall semester.
- Attend new-member Induction.
- Participate in fundraising and volunteer activities.
- Maintain a minimum of 3.5 cumulative grade point average.
- Pays annual dues of $20