The Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS) middle school intramurals program is a planned extension of the physical education instructional programs. Although the athletic program offers a higher level of competition, its primary purpose is to provide the opportunity for advanced skill development for all 7th and 8th graders with interests and/or talents. Students are able to ride the Activity busses home on Wednesdays and Thursdays only.
Athletic Coordinator: Alexis Felix
Sports Offered at Julius West MS
- Co-Ed Cross Country (Coaches: Ben Lee & Ed Miehle)
- Boys Softball (Coach: Ashley Holmes)
- Girls Softball (Coach: Melanie Osborne)
- Boys Soccer (Coach: Brian Urioste)
- Girls Soccer (Coach: Timothy Jackson)
The following information is for 7th and 8th grade students wishing to participate in basketball. Here is what you need to register your student:
Registration opens on Monday, October 30th @ 12 PM
Student must have a current physical. Complete Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation Form.
Student must maintain a 2.0 average with no more than one "E" from the previous marking period.
Registration must be completed by Monday, December 4th.
Tryouts begin on Tuesday, December 5th. See flyer for details.
To Try Out:
- Complete the registration on ParentVue. Click here to watch a video on how to register.
- Students must have an up to date physical on file. Complete the Pre-Participation Form.
- Meet academic standards - must maintain a 2.0 average with no more than one "E" from the previous marking period.
- Meet age requirements.
Once on a Team:
- Submit a completed Transportation Form
MCPS form 560-31(PDF)
Parent Driver Volunteer Training:
For questions about registration please contact Alexis Felix at firstname.lastname@example.org.