The Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS) middle school intramurals program is a planned extension of the physical education instructional programs. Although the athletic program offers a higher level of competition, its primary purpose is to provide the opportunity for advanced skill development for all 7th and 8th graders with interests and/or talents. Students are able to ride the Activity busses home on Wednesdays and Thursdays only.
Athletic Coordinator: Alexis Felix
Sports Offered at West MS
All 7th and 8th grade students interested in participating in the winter season (basketball) must complete the online registration process. Registration forms are due by Monday, December 6th, 2021.
Beginning Monday, November 15th, the start of the winter sports season, all high school and eligible middle school student-athletes will be required to submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination prior to participation. This requirement applies to the winter and spring sports seasons, as well as all out-of-season activities conducted through MCPS Athletics.
To Try Out:
- Complete the Julius West Athletics Registration Form: English or Julius West Athletics Registration Form: Spanish.
- Students must have an up to date physical on file. Once a physician has completed the Pre-Participation Form, please attach it to the registration form before submitting.
- Meet full COVID-19 vaccination requirements (see above).
- Meet academic standards - must maintain a 2.0 average with no more than one "E" from the previous marking period.
- Meet age requirements.
Once on a Team:
- Submit a completed Transportation Form
MCPS form 560-31(PDF)
Parent Driver Volunteer Training:
For questions about registration please contact Alexis Felix at firstname.lastname@example.org.