Carl Sandburg welcomes volunteers and values their contribution. Here is a list of volunteer activities that benefit our program:
- Prepare instructional materials ( cutting, pasting, photocopying, etc)
- Prepare picture symbol pieces ( cut, paste, prepare for lamination, attach Velcro buttons)
- Participate on Instructional Council as a parent representative
- Provide support in the classroom and help at special events
- Collate materials for New Parent Orientation and assemble into packets
- ACES Day (Field Day)
- Arts in Action Night
- Family Fun Nights
- Help plan and setup for 5th grade moving on ceremony in June
- Use specialized software to create social stories
- Use specialized software to create picture symbol support items
- Other: If you have a specific interest or skill, please contact us. We will be glad to discuss this with you!
Statement of Commitment:
As a volunteer working in Montgomery County Public Schools, I agree to ...
- Attend a volunteer training session (if applicable).
- Follow all school rules and Board of Education policies and regulations that are applicable.
- Honor the commitment to volunteer as scheduled.
- Sign in and out in the school’s main office.
- Keep school and student information confidential.
- Notify the school in advance if I must be absent.
Marlene Kenny, Principal
Nina Barbosa, Volunteer Coordinator