Media Specialist - Carrie Berard
Media Assistant -Kimberly Grimes
K - 1 book for up to 2 weeks
1st Grade - 2 books for up to 2 weeks
2nd - 5th Grade - 3 books for up to 2 weeks
Overdue & Lost Material
No fines will be incurred for overdue books, but students are responsible for paying for lost or books damaged beyond repair. Overdue notices will be distributed to classroom teachers at least once a month.
Other Online Services
- Funbrain.com- Includes games like Math Baseball and Grammar Gorillas.
- Scholastic.com- Excellent site with lots of activities and events that change weekly.
- SIRS Discoverer- Provides access to periodical and newspaper articles selected by subject with strong curriculum integration and expanded access to excellent expository reading materials.
- Time for Kids- the magazine online.
- Zoom School- an on-line elementary school classroom with lessons in geography, biology, language arts, and early childhood activities.
- NoodleTools - Research tool.
- Destiny - Online catalog for the Media Center books.
Curriculum Enrichment and Review
- Changes in US Government
- 5th Grade Energy Sources- Live Binder
- Native American Links
- February- Black History Month
- March- Women's History Month
- American Revolutionary War
Resources for Staff
- FunBrain.com Kids Center- Games, Activities and Extras. Click on "Teacher" at the bottom of the page.
- Puzzlemaker- Great site for crossword puzzles, and more.
- Quia Math- Quia is a treasure trove of more than thirty math activities which include flashcards and a Concentration-style matching game. Topics range from basic addition to algebra terminology. Don't miss the Math Journey, where students can travel around the world as they practice addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and/or rounding at four levels.
- Read Across America- NEA's Reading project.