Parent Technical Support Email:
Kindergarten Info & Orientation
Please use this menu below to navigate this page for information:
Sign Up for Kindergarten Jumpstart!
Kindergarten Jumpstart Flyer (English & Español)
Kindergarten JumpStart is a supplemental self-paced instructional program gauged for students entering Kindergarten.
- Incoming Kindergarten students for the 2021-2022 school year are invited to participate in the Kindergarten Jumpstart program.
- This 20 day, fully online, self-paced summer program offers opportunities to engage in a series of online and hands-on learning experiences that will help prepare students for Kindergarten in the Fall
- The program is not required for incoming Kindergartners.
- The program opens August 2nd and continues through the beginning of the school year.
- Students must register at the school first in order to receive your username and password.
Welcome to Kensington Parkwood Elementary School! We look forward to meeting you and your child at Kindergarten Orientation!
Kindergarten Orientation (8/20)
Date: 08/20/2021 (Fri.) Location: KPES
Rising Kindergarteners required to come! Please make arrangements to leave other children and family members at home.
We look forward to sharing important information in order to ensure your child’s enrollment for the Fall 2021 school year.
If you were unable to attend we will also post this on our website for you to access and view at any time:
If you cannot view the video, please click here
In order to ensure a smooth enrollment process, the following forms and documents must be brought with you to Kindergarten Orientation:
- Birth Certificate (original) or Passport
- Proof of Residency (property tax bill, lease, shared housing) with one current bill
- Immunization Form
- Social Security Card of child, if available
- Parent Photo ID (driver's license, passport)
- New Student Information Form
- Emergency Information Form
- Parent Input Sheet
Completed/updated health forms (student Record Card 6, Dental Form, Lead Testing Certificate) must be submitted prior to the start of the school year in August. For those children that have a late summer birthday, you have 20 days after school starts to submit all required medical paperwork. The lead testing certificate does not have to be completed by a physician unless your child has resided in one of the at-risk zip codes listed on the back of the form.
During Kindergarten Orientation, parents/guardians will have the opportunity to learn about the Kensington Parkwood PTA and before and after school care programs run by Bar-T.
We look forward to working with you and your child next year. Please call us if you have any concerns about your child's Kindergarten program or if you have any other questions.
Candace Ross, Principal
Have a question that was not covered in our Kindergarten Orientation? Click on the button to
To see responses and similar questions, click here
We know that parents have questions about the Fall but your timely enrollment ensures we will have appropriate staff in place to teach all classes in person.
Please visit our website and begin the process. Our registrar Kathleen Allen is accessible through email:
You can also call our office at: 240-740-3701
You can access our presentation from the Kindergarten Orientation, which took place on Thursday, April 29: